Saturday, February 02, 2013

41 Before 41: Another One Bites The Dust

26) See Cars: The Movie.
     (No, I've never seen this movie.)

So seeing Cars was not the original plan for today, but the original plan for today fell through due to me overlooking a small, minor, detail and not realizing that the Kinderconcert we were taking Sam to today (his first "symphony" concert) was at the Waterloo Region Museum (formerly named Doon Heritage Crossroads) and not at The Museum (formerly named The Children's Museum). Nor was it at the City of Waterloo Museum. Okay, KW, we only have three museums and you basically name them all the same thing?!?! I don't think the fact I screwed up was entirely my fault. sigh. And I did feel better that I wasn't the only person who seemed to have made this mistake. Anyways, that's not the point of this post...

The point of this post is that I was bummed and Sam was disappointed and we needed cheering up. So I hyped up the fact that we could watch Cars! And eat nachos! And have fun! And I bribed him by letting him pick out a treat at Shopper's. He chose Smarties. Again, not the point of this post...

The point is... WE WATCHED CARS!!!
And we had nachos!
(Dave and I have had nachos and DVD nights (or afternoons)
since... forever! It's definitely one of our traditions.)
 
We did "Cheers!" with our nachos.
 
Then we ate our nachos.
 
And we got very into the movie.
 
And I can't believe it's been around for almost seven years and I'd never seen it before. It was well worth it. And now I want to travel Route 66. Another thing to add to my list of "Places I Want To Go To!"

5 comments:

  1. Fun day!! I think nachos and movies sound like a fabulous combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, staying in all day on a Saturday and watching movies and eating good food sounds like a perfect day to me. To bad, I can't seem to get one of those. *Sigh* How did Sam like the movie? I cannot get Evan to sit through it for some reason...and he has been able to sit through most movies since before he was two! All of his friends love it, and he's been to Cars themed birthdays, but he just doesn't want to watch it. Brody will probably love it though because he's my car fan, but right now, he isn't interested in watching movies and TV too much. I guess that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cars is such a good movie. It's one of our favorites. Route 66 comes right through our little town. You'll have to let us know if you travel this way. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will TOTALLY let you know if (when!!!) we head your way :) I definitely think I will want to watch Cars again -- it was so fun and so good!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe you haven't seen Cars till now. While I wouldn't call it my favorite Pixar movie, it is near the top. And I actually saw it in theaters, and then a week like drove my car from Louisiana to California, part of which was on Route 66.

    And while most aren't a huge fan of it, I thought Cars 2 was pretty cute as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)