Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Few Pictures From the Last Few Days

This is another "Slices of Life" catch up post. First of all, here are this week's Making It Through Winter Flowers. These are Stars of Bethlehem and they have been opening up nicely.

I was trying to get a close-up picture of the flowers and I moved one vase to better light. It was hard to get a good (non-blurry) picture of the flower but I liked how the one of Sam and the flower turned out. I've been really enjoying finding unique or interesting flowers this month.

Then yesterday I went to visit a friend and she was asking if I needed any girl clothes. I asked if she had a swimsuit in Rachel's size and she found this one.

I've been self-conscious at the pool lately because everyone thinks Rachel is a boy. With this adorable swimsuit they won't. I don't know why this is a big deal to me but it is. Also, while she had on her swimsuit, Rachel was demonstrating her ever-increasing sitting skills. Yes! She started sitting last Saturday and has been growing in ability in leaps and bounds. Yesterday she sat for five to ten minutes at a time.

Dave thought it was funny this morning that she was in her bassinet with her teddy bear in one hand and her new swimsuit in the other. I needed to leave the room for a minute so I just picked her up and stuck her in her bed. I didn't realize she had been clutching the swimsuit when I did that!

Last night Dave and I went out for supper and to the symphony. (He is going to write a post about that later.) Sam went to Kim and Jacqui's for a sleepover. Here he is with Seth and their Rubik's cubes.

And here he is coming home with his suitcase. He had such a good time and was adorable pulling his suitcase along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)