Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How Lovely Are Your Branches

Since we were gone until just over a week ago, and we put up a live tree, we decided to not get our tree until we returned. We were hoping to go and chop down our tree like we did last year but it just wasn't meant to be. So on Wednesday night we made a trip to our local grocery store and picked out a tree. And then we gave it a few days to drop about a million needles and open up its branches a little more.

And then on Sunday, when we were shopping at Target, we decided to buy two more trees to decorate. Because if you need to decorate one tree, three days before Christmas, why not throw in another two, right?!?! However Sam and Rachel fell in love with these trees and I convinced Dave they could be the trees for Sam and Rachel's rooms. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that these two trees were each about 18" tall? And blue? Or red, as the case may be. Sam and Rachel were thrilled!
 
Sam decided he wanted an "ornament cluster" for a tree topper and Rachel decided she only wanted matte ornaments with one super sparkly one.

The kids were more interested in watching a video than decorating our family tree so Dave and I did most of it ourselves. While we were at Target I also convinced Dave to buy a set of 50 ornaments in all colours of the rainbow. I am in love with how colourful our tree is this year. I am not in love with how closed the branches still are. Or the bare spot on the bottom right of the tree. sigh. And Sam and Rachel came in at the end to hang a few key ornaments.
 
Our tree definitely isn't going to win any prizes for beauty or amazingness (how is "amazingness" not a word, Google???) this year, but I'm of the mindset that "at least it's in our house and decorated," and for me, this year, that is as good as it's going to get. On the plus side, it hasn't fallen on anyone yet so in that regard at least, it has last year's tree beat.
 
Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I hope you enjoy your holidays, no matter how your tree looks!

3 comments:

  1. I love your tree! It's so pretty. The kids' trees are way too cute too! Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the trees...the bright and colorful ornaments are definitely a reflection of you! I got Mattie's little sparkly silver tree at Target too (for only $3)! I think those little trees are just perfect in the kids' rooms. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)