Thursday, December 20, 2012

sick :( Sick :( SICK :(

So all last week Sam had a fever and was completely exhausted. Then on Saturday he started coughing. Just as he was starting to feel better I got hit. I have been more asleep than awake since Tuesday night. I think four hours of awake time in a row is my record. Plus fevers and chills. Can I just say, this sucks???

Obviously it doesn't suck on the world stage of global warming, people starving and homelessness, but on my little self-centred stage of my parents are coming in three days to visit for a nice Christmas, my kids don't know which way is up, and Dave hasn't been able to go to work in a day and a half -- this sucks. Plus I feel really awful.

I don't know when I will feel up to regular blogging (and commenting (and responding to comments!)) again but until then know that I WILL catch up... eventually. For now I just need to focus on staying awake longer, interacting with my family and trying to comprehend that CHRISTMAS is in FIVE days. If only I will be healthy enough to celebrate it.

And I hope that Dave and Rachel don't get this nasty flu either.

List of things to do when I start to feel better:

1) grocery shop for Christmas dinner. At least we have the turkey. And my parents will be here to cook the bulk of the food.
     1b) thaw the turkey
2) make cranberry sauce.
     2b) buy cranberries.
3) re-decorate the tree after it fell on Rachel today.
     3b) figure out to secure tree better first.
4) co-worship lead with my Grade Six Sunday School class on Sunday.
     4b) thankfully there are no other parts to this.
5) hopefully feel well enough to go to the Hedrick's carol sing.
     5b) buy punch ingredients.
6) Resume regular blogging.
     6b) feel well enough to open the DSLR (!!!) which arrived on Monday and is still sitting in the box it was shipped in because I've been feeling like crap and Dave has been patient and wanting to share in the joy of our Awesome. New. Camera!!! with me.
     6c) Resume regular blogging with better pictures! Whoo hooo!!!

I think that's it. Until then, enjoy the moments of calm you are afforded this season and, if you aren't fighting (and losing to!) a nasty bug like I am, also enjoy your health. Hopefully I'll be back to regular blogging soon.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope that sick bug leaves your house NOW. That is no way to celebrate Christmas. Hurry up and get better so you can make some more wonderful memories and use that new camera to capture them all. On the tree issue, I'd say a good sturdy tree stand is key. We have a really large, heavy one (also so it will hold a lot of water so we aren't filling it with water 5 times a day). We make sure to screw the tree in well to the base, and it seems to work. We've never had a fallen tree, and Brody has been pretty rough with ours this year (he likes to ram his little firetruck into it all day long. Ha!) Anyway, I just hope you feel better very soon and have a very merry Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Goodness! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am FINALLY feeling better and in the past two days have gotten back to "normal life" -- dishes, laundry, parenting, etc! It was a long haul of not feeling great and I am thankful every day for my better health.

      Delete
  3. Sad! I hope you are better soon! Two thanks from me--the acorn squash recipe (YUM) and The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming. It's definitely contributing to my holiday cheer, even though I am way, way behind on pretty much everything right now, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. *hugs* : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can finally say I'm back to normal now -- cooking, cleaning, not napping, parenting on my own while Dave goes to work -- it's progress! I've never been so thankful to have so much to do :)

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)