Monday, December 10, 2012

On The Second Night of Chanukah...

...I went to be at 8:45 because I was exhausted which is why this post is a little late. Sorry. (But not really because I was so tired.)

...Sam and Dave's mom made a potato hannukiyah (another name for a menorah) like the one from the story, "A Hannukiyah for Dina" by Floreva G. Cohen. (I would link to this book but there is no where on the web to link to. It seems you can't get this book in print anymore.) I think to make it you cut four potatoes in half, scoop out the insides with a melon baller, put olive oil in the centre of the potatoes you wish to light (two for our second night of Chanukah) and then add a wick.
 
...we lit two candles on each of our two menorahs. (I didn't get a picture of our regular menorah. Maybe tonight???)
 
...Dave's parents gave us presents. Sam got a coupon book of adventures he will get to have with Grandma and Grandpa. Rachel got a coupon for a session's worth of swimming lessons with Grandma. Dave and I got twelve, count them, twelve! TWELVE!!! coupons for babysitting!!! Whoo hoooo!!! And again, I say, "WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!"
 
...and Rachel and Sam were so completely exhausted that they went to bed at 7:30. Yes, our "Normally-we're-up-until-9-and-then-fighting-bedtime" kids were asleep before 8 last night. And can I get another "Whooo Hoooo!!!!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)