Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Card Carousel and Show Us Your Life: Holiday Cards

Today I'm linking up with Faith for her Christmas Card Carousel and I'm also linking up with Kelly
on Friday for her Show Us Your Life series. Welcome to anyone stopping by from either of those two linky parties.

Dave and I haven't always done cards but some of my friends clued me in to Costco's website. Making a card from there couldn't be simpler -- you simply choose your design, upload a picture, add a message and click to order. Plus you can pick your cards up the next day and they are very reasonably priced. This works out well for Dave and I.

We would love to do separate Chanukah and Christmas cards but we don't have enough of each group of people for the minimum order of 50 so we do a generic holiday card for everyone. I always try to coordinate (a little) our outfits and we try to get a recent family picture. This year our picture was taken on Sunday morning at church, in front of the stone wall in our sanctuary. Our card looks a little weird in this post because Dave had to scan it at work but in reality it is actually quite nice!

The one thing I am really happy about is that this year it only took one take to get a decent picture. Last year was a whole different story and you can see the outtakes here!
I'm off to check out all of your cards but before I go I want to wish you Merry Christmas! Happy (Belated) Chanukah! Whatever holiday you are celebrating this season our wish of peace is also for you.

EDITED TO ADD: I actually wrote this post on Friday morning in preparation for these blog parties. I just want to add, given the horrific events in Newton, Connecticut on Friday that our wish for peace feels even more urgent. Having a son who will be starting school in the fall, this tragedy has hit close to home, a feeling shared by many of us, I'm sure. Please take a moment to offer up a prayer of comfort for those who lost family members, especially their children.

6 comments:

  1. Great picture and sweet card!

    Thanks so much for joining in the fun. Hope you have a very Merry CHRISTmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment.

    I love your card and I agree Martha Stewart doesn't have any kids. We are in a constant battle with Heloisa. She wants to pull out the lights : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Christmas tree actually ended up falling on our daughter. Unfortunately she wasn't even pulling on it at the time, just sitting there. But most of the time she was totally pulling decorations off the tree.

      And I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I usually try to respond to my blog comments a little sooner but I was terribly sick for a couple of weeks at the end of December and so fell behind in responding to people.

      Delete
  3. I never thought about getting cards from Costco! The last couple of years we've sent out generic box cards, but I really hope to get it together early enough next year to order photo cards. So I'm glad to hear a recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out about it through friends and it is sooooo easy! I love it. My only complaint is that their selection (at least in Canada) does not have a lot of variety.

      And I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I usually try to respond to my blog comments a little sooner but I was terribly sick for a couple of weeks at the end of December and so fell behind in responding to people.

      Delete
  4. Did I not comment on this already? The card is so sweet. Yes, peace on earth would be wonderful! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)