Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Papas In Pyjamas

This past Wednesday, Sam's preschool held a Father's Day Movie Night. To add to the fun, it was billed as a pyjama party, and although it was not required, the dads were not exactly forbidden from wearing their pyjamas to the event.

Here we are, all ready to go. Rachel was quite keen on joining in, and was very sad when she found out that no, she really wasn't going along with me and Sam. Next year, Rachel, next year...

When we arrived, we were provided with popcorn and some water, and hunkered down near some of Sam's friends from his class.

Next, it was time for the preschool teachers to lead the kids in a few songs that they'd learned, including an "I love Dad" version of the Skinnamarink song. It would have been really sweet, except for that in Sam's case, this was more of a "continue to eat popcorn while various other kids sing" activity, so the emotional impact was... somewhat lessened, shall we say.
An action shot of Sam, not singing at all.

Another feature of the evening was sharing each kid's reason why they love their dad. As you may recall from Natasha's post about the Mother's Day Tea, Sam's love for his mother is apparently based largely on trips to Conestoga Mall. As I found out, we have a very consistent child! (Sam's line is fifth from the bottom)
 
 Yep, it's all about those trips to the mall, apparently.

Finally, it was time for the main event. We watched a couple of movies (each was about 15 minutes long) -- a Little Critter movie (and here I thought they were just a series of books) where Critter goes on a camping trip with his dad, and a Franklin video where Franklin befriends a bat.
The "home theatre" experience

Finally, it was time to head home and wrap up the festivities... but wait! Each dad received a parting Father's Day gift as we left. I chose to open it at home, since it seemed like it might be breakable...
Here we are with the wonderfully-decorated, as-yet-unopened bag...
 What could it be...
 ... my new favourite coffee mug! Thanks, Sam!

All in all, a wonderful time was had by all, and I'm looking forward to repeating the experience with Rachel next year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!! I love this so much - but then again, I think all good days are held in jammies. :) And I love his little line! What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was definitely a fun evening, and I had a good time heading out in my pyjamas :)

      Delete
  2. So sweet! Great post, Dave! Wow, this mall must be really something...I may have to plan a visit! Haha! I am betting our son, Evan, would have been doing the same thing during singing time. He loves popcorn! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)