Thursday, May 08, 2014

What I Did Yesterday

Yesterday Sam wanted to stay home from school so I decided to let him and he and Rachel played all day long. While they were playing I got a lot done. Let me show you.

On Monday night I made myself a list of things to do. After working on it on Tuesday and yesterday, my list went from looking like the picture on the left to the picture on the right... And I even got a chance to respond to a lot of blog comments so hopefully that will be coming off the list soon :)
I also spent a lot of time on Pinterest. I created a new board and, despite being an "I like to have a schedule and a plan" girl, I'm actually looking forward to a somewhat unplanned, free summer. Check out "Sum-Sum-Summertime" if you're looking for some neat ideas. (Warning: It is somewhat (mostly) kid-focused although I'd love to have more adult focused stuff on there.)

I ate chips and dip for lunch. That's all. It was really healthy. The kids, however, did actually have a really good lunch so I don't feel too guilty :)

I took some random pictures of the bouquets currently in our living room.
I let the kids play in the playroom all day without cleaning it up at all. Then they and Dave (mostly Dave) cleaned it up after supper.
I spent a good amount of time with my glue gun and some scrapbook paper and re-created this pin on the plastic organizer in our office. It makes me so happy to look at it now!
While I was making supper I tackled this spot in our kitchen. I meant to get an "after picture" but I forgot. I did get all the dishes washed while supper cooked though so that was something.
And then after reading the kids stories, it was my turn to put Sam to bed. I sang him three songs and promptly fell asleep. When I woke up about twenty minutes later he was asleep so I went to bed and slept for eleven hours. I think I was a little tired. That would also explain why this blog post is just showing up now. I fell asleep before I could write one last night.

Tonight we're all going for haircuts and I'm going to spend the day trying to figure out just how much I should get cut off. I still want to grow my hair out but my back is a lot longer than my sides and I want them to start catching up eventually so I might get some length cut off the back. These are the tough decisions I'm focusing on these days :)

Happy Thursday everyone.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR PRODUCTIVE DAY!!!! That sounds like THE perfect day to me - right down to the chips and dip for lunch. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for affirming my chips and dip lunch. I was feeling a little guilty about it and now I just feel normal! Ha!

      Delete
  2. So I love that I could tell you had a productive day before reading this when my e-mail "blew up" with so many messages from you. I loved it! Haha! I have absolutely got to get me one of those dry erase boards for making to-lists. I always feel like I am forgetting to do something. Sigh. Plus, I know it feels really good erasing things from the list when they are done. I ate chips and dip for supper one night last week so no judgment here. It was sooo good! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)