Sunday, May 18, 2014

Prject 364: Days 130 Through 136

May 11, 2014 -- At church we said a blessing for the fifty-five blankets made by women at our church. These blankets will be shipped to refugees all over the world.
May 12, 2014 -- Our good friends came over to play today. Here they are conferring about where to wreak havoc play next!
May 13, 2014 -- The magnolias are in bloom. Although we don't have one, our neighbour does and it is looking spectacular right now!
May 14, 2014 -- My Grandpa Krahn would have turned 100 today. He loved peonies and, in memory of him, I'm sharing this picture of the peony in our backyard which is about to bloom any day now.
May 15, 2014 -- Sam shows off his Science Fair project. It was about recycling and how much each student would have to recycle to run the school for a month.
May 16, 2014 -- I just love it when we have a frost warning and I have to cover up all my annuals so they don't die. Blah.
May 17, 2014 -- Dave, Sam, and Rachel enjoyed playing Sorry! this day.

4 comments:

  1. The magnolias are STUNNING!! Can't wait to see your peonies. It's our state flower - though I have to say I"m not sure the state actually has an abundance of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our provincial flower is the trillium and I've hardly ever seen it here. Odd.

      Delete
  2. We love to play Sorry too! It's fun. I love the quilts. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those magnolias! We have one in our yard, but its blooms are just white. Still pretty, but not as stunning as those pink ones. I love your memory of your Grandpa. My granny would be 97 this June, but she died at 90 right after Evan was born. She loved any flowers and plants and truly had a "green thumb." Great memories! And on yes, how quickly the kids can destroy a play room. You should see ours when the cousins all come over...and the mess is never contained just to the play room. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)