Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nine Years Ago Today...

I could not wait to be an aunt. Unfortunately, when my siblings finally had kids, I was already living halfway across the country from them and have never been able to be a part of my nieces' and nephew's daily lives. Through my church small group, I met a family who invited me to be a part of their lives. You may have heard of Tim, Janice, Tessa, and Willem. I think I've mentioned them on here once or twice :) Since their siblings live far away from them, I got to be a local aunt for Tim and Janice's kids. With Tessa and Willem, I got to (and still get to!) be the kind of aunt I wanted to be.

Nine years ago today, Willem was born. I had the immense privilege of hanging out with Tessa for about three days while Tim, Janice, and Willem were in the hospital. It has been so much fun to watch Willem grow up, to see his interests change, and to watch him interact with my kids. Yesterday I went to Willem's birthday party to take pictures. I will share some of them tomorrow on the blog but today, to celebrate Willem, here are some pictures I found of him on my computer last night. Enjoy!
Tim and Janice invited me to go to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania with them when Willem was six months old. August 2005
 Willem at two!
July 2007
A picture of Dave and I with Tessa and Willem, shortly before Willem turned three.
December 2007
Dancing with three year old Willem at my wedding. June 2008
An almost four year old Willem feeling Sam move.
December 2008
 
Four year old Willem holding Sam.
July 2009
 
Five year old Willem with Sam in Vienna.
May 2010

Six and a half year old Willem meets Rachel.
October 2011
Seven year old Willem at Rachel's first birthday.
June 2012
Willem at eight on a gardening day.
May 2013
Willem is nine!!!
February 2014

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLEM!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your birthday presence :) You're a terrific aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Willem! I love that you get to be his aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun little photo journey over the past 9 years of Willem's life! What a great aunt to document and be so present in his life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! He's so lucky to have you as his aunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! I hope he feels that way too :)

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)