Friday, February 14, 2014

Footloose And Fancy Free

Earlier this year, someone asked me how I spend my "free afternoons" when both Sam and Rachel are at school. While I'm tempted to be a bit bitter about how few "free afternoons" I've actually had these past few months, thanks to the many illnesses our family has experienced this winter, I do recognize that I have had a few hours to myself and they are so worth it. Some of the time gets filled with appointments such as going to the dentist, getting a haircut, or having a massage. However, on Tuesday I fully documented what I did with my afternoon just so I could share it with you. Hold onto your hats because this is extremely exciting :)

First of all, I dropped Rachel off at school. She insisted on wearing two barrettes and two bows in her hair, and on putting on her own shoes. Thus, the drop off took a few extra minutes.
Then I went to the bank to do a preschool errand. I am the treasurer this year and that necessitates a visit to the bank once in a while. A couple of places I visited that day were documenting Canada's medals at the Olympics and I loved it!
Because the weather was pretty good, I walked to the liquor store. I wanted to pick up some wine for my dad's visit the next day. As a non-wine person, I found the selection a little overwhelming. And this was just one row.
I needed new passport pictures so that was my next stop. I wasn't planning on getting Starbucks but since the place I went for photos was right next to a Starbucks, I heard a half-sweet, white chocolate mocha with whipped cream calling my name and I couldn't ignore it. Plus I really needed something to cheer me up after getting my photos. How come I always look like a criminal in these things???
Then I went grocery shopping. I also bought two bouquets of flowers for me!
After the grocery store, I went to the library. And then, since I had a few minutes, I started one of my books while waiting for Rachel's class to end.
And that was my oh-so-exciting afternoon. Aren't you glad I shared this with you?!? (Don't answer that.)

If you have any ideas for kid-free, fun things I could do (in about an hour and forty-five minutes), please fill me in. I could use some excitement in my life :)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds super exciting! It's the kind of things I have to look forward to next school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would clean (without distractions!, but that's not fun for most people, I've been told. ;)
    Starbucks advertised a white chocolate mocha with raspberry syrup a few weeks ago, so I've been planning on that for my Valentine drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a carefree free afternoons while you are raising little ones. It seems lately the only time I have for my blog reading is when I am supposed to be working and steal a few minutes break to peruse and read. As you can see, I haven't found very much time for actual writing yet. Sigh. I do like to daydream about things I would do if I had actual free time though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)