Tuesday, November 07, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 38 & 39

Welcome to another "I Spy" catch up post. I tried to (mostly) use pictures I'd taken during these weeks but I didn't take a lot of pictures so some of them may not fit the prompts very well.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

This first week, pictures were mostly taken during the week of October 4 through 11th.

seasonal

 

On the Saturday before Thanksgiving, we had a meal of baked salmon and roasted "seasonal" vegetables. I love roasting veggies as a way to use up a lot of them at once. This mix had leeks, carrots, onions, mushrooms, peppers, and I don't even remember them all. I just remember it was really tasty!

outfit – quarterly

As Dave and I enjoyed our local Oktoberfest for the first time, our "outfit" included the official Oktoberfest hat and feather. And yes, I wore my favourite fall sweater to Oktoberfest.

starts with F

While Oktoberfest doesn't "start with 'f'" it's a fun, fall festival with lots of delicious food! This picture was taken in the festhallen (festival hall)!

listen

It was fun to "listen" to Rachel play my grandpa's violin. She gets to choose a stringed instrument in Grade 7 and I think she'll keep playing this one.   

Your Choice (same vantage point) – monthly

I didn't take a picture of our dining room in September and that's one I can't take afterwards so this is prompt is empty this month.

These pictures are from the week of October 11-18. I took a few more pictures this week :)

in line 

 

While I was not willing to wait "in line" (although a virtual one) for Taylor Swift concert tickets, I was happy enough to buy tickets to the concert tour movie. It was very fun to go with Rachel and my mom.

back

 

I don't mind (much!) heading "back" to work every morning when my views look like this :)

front

My dad made new window boxes for me when he was visiting and now the "front" of our house looks so much better. I am so excited about these window boxes!!!

caught looking

The views on our street in fall are amazing and don't be surprised if you get "caught looking" when you're driving down our street. (Okay, this description might be kind of lame, I admit!)

your choice

Being able to celebrate a holiday with my parents (in this case, Thanksgiving), even it's a bit belated is always "my choice"!

Thus ends another "catch up" I Spy post. I'm getting to the point in the year where I'm trying to decide if I will do a photography challenge in 2024 or take a break. Do you have any fun photography challenges you've participated in?

*week 91 & 92 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her posts here and here.

4 comments:

  1. I have got to get out your way to Oktoberfest some year! I would love to go to Germany but Kitchener is a close substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of this fall goodness! Your roasted veggies look delish and I LOVED the Taylor movie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with the prompts! Octoberfest sounds fun and those roasted veggies look amazing (that is my favorite way to prepare veggies too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you're still doing this. You did a great job with the prompts. What a gorgeous window box with the greenery around the window.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)