Wednesday, November 08, 2023

10 On The 10th: October 2023 (Sort Of)

Even though October was so crazy, I still took my "10 on the 10th" photos (sort of). The truth is, I took three pictures on October 10th and then forgot about documenting until bedtime. Rather than running around trying to take seven more pictures, I decided to redo my "10 on the 10th" on the 11th! So welcome to my October 11th, which honestly, looked a lot like my October 10th, but with more pictures :)

I think some of my favourite walks to work are in the fall. The leaves, the weather, it's all perfect!

Lunch break -- a book, kale salad, applesauce, and a main course. I love reading on my lunchtime. Although I have a specific book at work to read solely at lunch, I was quickly trying to finish a library book on my Kobo before it expired this day.

I got home and headed right out with Rachel to the shoe store. She needed gym shoes immediately, and now that the kids have grown past the sizes of our many hand-me-downs, once in awhile, we need to go shopping.

Coke with ice and lime -- my afternoon indulgence!

Laundry folding -- I'm always folding laundry, or I always need to fold laundry. This day, Rachel helped me.

loved the supper we had this night. Sam did not! Hahaha! Our rule is you have to eat a little bit and then you can supplement with other things. This is Lazy Shepherd's Pie with lots of mushrooms (which is the one food we'll pick out of things for our kids) and peas. Yum!

I don't remember why I did the dishes (Dave usually does), but I did the majority of the dishes this night. Dave probably had a meeting to attend.

I picked up a couple of fall decorations at our local art walk (the pumpkin and the mushrooms) and added sunflowers in my orange fish vase to make a fall corner on one of our shelves. I really liked it!

At this season in life, I always celebrate empty laundry baskets because they're so rare!
 
So this was my super exciting October 11th! Hopefully November 10th will be more interesting. As it's happening this Friday, I hope so but honestly, I may end up documenting our Saturday instead -- weekdays are (usually) not all that interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect fall day and just for the record, I would LOVE that dinner- looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds delicious! What a fabulous day in the life of fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)