Thursday, November 02, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 36 & 37

Well, as I said in my post yesterday, I have a lot of catching up to do in November, and some of it is blog catch up. These pictures were taken the weeks of September 20 - October 3 (mostly) which is when I would have posted about these two weeks. So let's see what I was spying in late September.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

lush

 

This wall near the library was "lush" with leaves and just starting to get some fall colour.

weather – quarterly

I took this picture after my dentist appointment on October 2. It was unusually warm and I would have gotten ice cream but my favourite ice cream store had closed early this day for some staff thing. Also, I don't know if you can see it, but my reflection shows me wearing shorts on October 2. Clearly, our weather was hot!

 picturesque

Our uptown was so "picturesque" during the LUMEN Festival. I just loved the glowing kayaks on the lake with the lights of the buildings in the background. The LUMEN Festival was such a beautiful evening.

starts with I

Rachel was practising taking the ION (our LRT system) to dance. The ION is my favourite thing which "starts with 'i'" in our city.

Your Choice

 

This week, the LUMEN Festival in our uptown, with my family, was absolutely "my choice"!

space

I love how when The Skydome empties out there is so much "space!" It's exciting to see it full and hopping for a game but also to enjoy the quiet as people leave. (Also, we never sit this close, we just walk down to field level for a great picture!)
 
front yard – quarterly

This was the liminal time between summer and fall for our front yard. The height of summer beauty was fading but we didn't have much fall colour yet.

mark

We were so excited to celebrate the Jays making the post-season with the actual team. Many fans were around the dugout while the team celebrated on the field and it was so fun to "mark" this milestone with the team! (Let's not talk about how long they lasted in the post-season -- this was taken when anything was possible!)

abstract

These new sculptures in our uptown square are very "abstract." I really don't know what their purpose is...?

your choice

Heading into baseball's post-season full of hope and excitement is always "my choice!"

So hopefully these pictures give you a good sense of what life was like around here towards the end of September -- there was a lot of time spent in our uptown and a lot of baseball excitement! I'll be catching up on more I Spy posts next week so I should go check out what some of the other prompts are :)

*week 89 & 90 of Lysha's challenge prompts. See her posts here and here.

3 comments:

  1. Always love your baseball pics- so much fun and the Lumen festival looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)