Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Hello Monday (On A Tuesday)! The Weekend Winter Caught Us By Surprise

Hopefully it's okay that I'm linking up with Hello Monday! on a Tuesday. I was just too lazy on Sunday night to get this post written in time for yesterday morning. So now I'm writing it on my lunch break at work on Monday. As always, I'm linking up with Holly, who blogs at Pink Lady, and Sarah, who blogs at Sunshine And Books.

I actually got home a little early (like 5 minutes - ha!) on Friday afternoon. Dave was working out of town for the day and the kids stayed after school to play with friends. It felt so odd to have the house to myself. I baked the first Applesauce Jumbles of the season, made cranberry tea, and by the time the kids got home, we were ready to settle in to an evening of Hallmark movie watching and good eating! I also got all the laundry folded which is in itself a miracle :)


On Saturday morning we were supposed to have family photos taken, as well as get our flu shots. However, our photographer had to cancel last minute because she was sick. So we cancelled our flu shots too and had a lazy morning at home. I had a nap and finally put together my Lego set that I bought at The Lego House in Denmark this past summer.


Now I have tulips to last me all year round! Hahaha! 
 


Dave took Rachel to dance and then went grocery shopping. Sam and I walked to a little shopping area near us so he could spend some Bar Mitzvah gift cards. I bought a new mat for our back door. Slothy (pronounced "sloth-ie", and yes, Rachel named our door mat) was getting a little worn out. You can see Slothy when he was brand new here. And yes, we've named this mat "Beary." Also, yes, I've warned Dave that we've now entered the era of seasonal door mats! I also bought the spatula pictured above. I saw it on the store's Instagram account and instantly wanted it. I figure it will add some colour and fun to my baking until February, at least! Plus, it made me happy :)
 
In the realm of November bringing all the joy and comfort, I asked Dave to pick up some flowers at the grocery store. He got a beautiful bouquet and I especially love the lisianthus.


Flurries started falling on Saturday afternoon so I mixed up another batch of cranberry tea and this time I added a shot of Fireball Whiskey. Delicious!!! We watched another Hallmark movie ('tis the season!) and I went to bed early.

This is what we woke up to on Sunday morning. The snow was starting to stick.

Dave and I discovered that in our eagerness to clean out the garage over the summer, we somehow got rid of all our snow brushes. Thus, after using his gloves to brush off the car (NOT EFFICIENT NOR RECOMMENDED!!!), we made an emergency walk to Wal-Mart to get some more. We dropped the kids off at Sunday School and discovered a back way to walk to Wal-Mart from church. It was snowy, but also sunny, which is why we are squinting.

After church, Rachel had dance and a birthday party. I got another load of laundry folded and, once again, our laundry baskets are all empty. Whoooo hoooo!!!

And we got more snow. Where is it coming from??? Please note that three days ago, we were wearing t-shirts, which yes, is unusual for November, but I really wasn't prepared for this.

I had laundry folding music going and, even after I was done, I had the songs in my head so I was singing loudly and Rachel was attempting to eat a quick lunch in peace and quiet. Sam just sat on the couch and endured my loudness. My laundry folding songs were this one and this one

Since Rachel was gone for most of the afternoon, the house was very quiet (once I stopped singing, that is!) and Dave and I finally got some artwork hung! We hung the art from our trip this summer on our travel wall. You can see the bottom two paintings on the right.

We also hung the artwork we bought at the art walk in early October. I'd been admiring these paintings for a few years and I'm so happy to have them on our walls.

Supper was a bit of a hodgepodge as we wanted to use some things up. We had top a potato with beans on the side. The beans made it feel vaguely British for me. And I made up a hot drink using some leftover apple juice, some cranberry juice, and some cinnamon. It probably would have been tastier with Fireball! Hahaha!

So that was the weekend where winter (okay, snow) caught us off guard, and we had a lot of cozy time getting things done at home. And now I'm off to read the rest of the "Hello Monday!" posts. Happy Tuesday :)

6 comments:

  1. I get so excited when i see you post about Applesauce Jumbles- so so happy that you love them like we do! That is the amount of snow I can deal with and enjoy and that's it- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a small amount of snow last night too. I told the kids they would not have a snow day and they were annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool (I guess? haha) that you guys got snow too. We had a small chance in our forecast and then it ended up snowing for much of the day on Saturday. We were in that same, we were wearing T shirts on Thursday kind of daze. Love the tea mug! I need to find my travel tea tumbler so that I can start taking tea to school on the days that I work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It got really cold here! Love that mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several comments here: 1) Drew has a purple sloth stuffed animal that she sleeps with every night named SLOTHY! She and Rachel so need to meet someday ha. 2) We haven't made any cranberry tea yet, for shame! I guess it'll wait until after Hawaii. 3) How perfect are those LEGO tulips for you? I love it! 4) So jealous all your laundry is done, I have so many loads to fold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow is certainly here now, even in Toronto! There are three baskets of laundry at my house waiting to be folded, and despite my efforts, I've had no volunteers yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)