Monday, November 21, 2022

Hello Monday: The Weekend We Stayed Warm And Cozy

As has become my pattern in November, I'm once again linking up with Holly, who blogs at Pink Lady, and Sarah, who blogs at Sunshine And Books, for Hello Monday! Read on to hear all about the weekend we stayed warm and cozy (mostly!).

I got home on Friday afternoon and the fish we were supposed to cook for dinner was still frozen. So Dave and I walked (in a snow flurry) to get coffee, milk, and the cheese Advent calendar. Side note: The cheese Advent calendar I have discovered is this one and is it wrong to have a countdown to a countdown?!?!? I am so excited for the day I get to eat the first cheese from my Advent calendar!!!

Sadly our evening ran into a few snags when our favourite coffee shop only had coffee beans and not ground. Thankfully, the coffee bar attached to the shop was willing to grind all five of our bags for free. Dave also wiped out while we were walking home but thankfully the only thing he hurt was his pride. Yay winter.

I always feel so fancy when I put together a "meat and veggies" meal because we do it so rarely. We had broccoli, squash, and fried fish. Plus challah. Yum! Then we watched a Hallmark movie. We watched "Inventing The Christmas Prince" and the ending was so amazingly perfect that both Rachel and I were squealing with happiness! I really think you should watch it.
 
Saturday, I spent all day in my pajamas. Now I did have a shower in the middle of the day and changed into clean pajamas but it was a great day! I had a nap, watched a few more Hallmark movies (including "Christmas With The Darlings" which made me cry), did laundry, and ate chips with Sam on the couch.
 
Sam and I at various points this weekend. Notice the abundance of cozy blankets. Sam was fighting a cold most of the weekend, thus the sad face.

I asked Dave to get me flowers at the grocery store and he sent me pictures of options. Tulips were in abundance and I just about chose those but I decided those really need to be my post-holidays flower. So I chose alstromeria. Alstromerias might be my November flower, because clearly every month needs a flower!

After my complete and total laziness of Saturday, I decided to reintroduce myself to real clothes on Sunday and help with some shovelling.

Is it optimistic to hope that our above freezing temperatures later this week will melt our snow so I can do a final yard cleanup before our last yard waste day until spring on Friday?!?!? Don't answer that :) I need to get rid of the chrysanthemums and clean out the last flower bed. Hahaha!!!

Dave and I drove Rachel to dance and picked up her new dance sweater and some paint for her on the way.

Then we took in most of a local hockey game with our neighbourhood association. We left after the second period but our team was ahead 8-1.

Then I put my cozy outfit back on, watched a Hallmark movie ("Noel Next Door" -- surprisingly good and a little gritty for Hallmark, but in a good way), folded all the laundry, and made corn chowder for supper.

Rachel is still going strong on her CD painting endeavour, which she was inspired to embark on by an artist we met on the art walk a few months ago. I love Rachel's creativity.

Now that I've written this post, I'm going to continue to stay warm by crawling into bed. We put our flannel sheets on last week and reading in our warm, cozy, bed is an excellent way to end my evenings.

I hope you all had good weekends and feel ready for another week. I mean, I always wish I had an extra day or two every weekend but I definitely soaked up all the warm and cozy this past weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful cozy weekend! It’s lovely to see your photos of snow. We are heading into summer over here although it’s been so windy and cold that it feels like we haven’t really come out of winter yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a warm and cozy weekend- you are making me want to get under a blanket right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a nice and cozy weekend! We had snow flurries this weekend but no real accumulation yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of your snow! Feel better Sam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)