Monday, November 28, 2022

Hello Monday! This Might Be A Tradition Now

I might as well keep the "Hello Monday!" tradition I've started for November going, right?!?! So I'm once again linking up with Holly, who blogs at Pink Lady, and Sarah, who blogs at Sunshine And Books. It was a very full weekend of getting some things done and celebrating!

I am slightly addicted to anything fun and festive during this time of year. Well, during any time of year, really! Sam accused me of wanting to live in a Hallmark movie a couple of days ago, and well, he's not wrong :) So when I saw "Jingle Bell Rock" was an option for what I thought would be a fun evening, I signed us all up.

The kids decorated cookies, we roasted s'mores, and we enjoyed the lights. It really was a fun evening! Rachel and I would definitely go again next year! Sam and Dave might grudgingly join us :) I'll write a separate blog post about it because it was memorable!

On Saturday morning, Sam had his first badminton lesson so I walked him over to it. Then I walked home, hoping to run a few errands but ended up being unsuccessful in those but very successful in random catch ups with friends. I love walking in our neighbourhood! Then I came home and enjoyed a plate of nachos for lunch.
Rachel and I took advantage of the gorgeous day and did some outdoor decorating. I let her do one of the window boxes on her own and she had fun.

Then we took the LRT to go pick up her dance costumes. Sam was at a games' cafe with his youth mentor and Dave went grocery shopping.

Rachel modelled her costumes for me! She will be the cutest penguin ever! And I don't know how easy it will be to dance her snowball fight in Uggs, but I guess we'll see.
 
I didn't realize until Sunday that Saturday was "Small Business Saturday" so it was serendipitous that I asked Dave to stop at one of our favourite small shops to pick up this puzzle. Then I got to work on it!

Dave bought bacon to grill outside and I ended up having to make the pancakes after making them in the frying pan proved a little tricky for Rachel.

Then Dave and I walked to the university where a young adult I've know since forever was performing in a play. The play was called "Everybody" and it was AMAZING! You should check out the premise because it's very unique.

By the time we got home, I'd walked 18.76 kilometeres (11.6 miles) and I was more than ready to collapse into bed!

Sunday morning, we woke up, I worked on the puzzle some more, and then we headed off to church. I caught up with friends and was really grateful for our First Advent service. It was so beautiful. I dropped Rachel off at dance, came back to church to pick up Sam and Dave, and we headed home for lunch. I finished the puzzle and Sam and I made soup for supper.

It's always nice when supper is mostly finished by 1:48pm!

I went upstairs, but my plans for a nap were stymied by all the laundry on the bed. So I folded laundry instead. On the plus side, we once again ended the weekend with empty laundry baskets which is always a win!
 
We ended the day by celebrating my aunt's 80th birthday with her and getting to see some cousins. It was so great to be able to celebrate my aunt!
 
We got home late, ate supper, and collapsed into bed (yes, again!). Rachel was so tired, she even went to bed without supper.
 
So while it wasn't the cozy, relaxing weekend, we had last weekend (you can read about that one here), it was a weekend very full of fun and celebrating. Now we need a quiet week to recuperate. Haha!

8 comments:

  1. What an awesome weekend- love all of your festivities! Impressed by your steps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like those weekends where you fall exhausted into bed. It feels rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! I'd happily live in a Hallmark movie too and have to drag my guys out to see Christmas lights and do fun things... which they rarely want to do at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun packed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! sounds like a busy but very fun weekend. I would absolutely love to live in a hallmark movie. You did so well to finish that whole puzzle and it looks like such a pretty image. Empty clothes baskets are definitely the best. It's a pity they don't seem to stay empty for long! Hope you have a great week Natasha.
    Ruth@playworkeatrepeat (not anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know we talked about this on our last BFBC zoom, but I still can't get over how you walk everywhere. What an amazing, natural way to get exercise, I love it! And this looks like a great weekend. I can't wait to hear more about 'Jingle Bell Rock'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)