Thursday, November 03, 2022

Currently: November 2022

I am beyond excited that Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness is taking over the "Currently" link up because I love it so much. I didn't link up yesterday because I couldn't find the prompts for October anywhere. I don't know how I missed them. Keep reading to see what I'm up to "currently."

[borrowing]

I haven't been "borrowing" much of anything, unless you count the Hallowe'en candy I've been taking from my kids. But that's more of a "not getting it back" situation so I don't think you can call it "borrowing"! Hahaha!!!

Rachel has A LOT of candy to share 
as this doesn't even include the bags of chips she received.

We did "borrow" some props for Rachel's Hallowe'en costume from a neighbour which we need to return.

[buying]

Well, I haven't bought them yet but I need to "buy" new winter boots for Sam (whose feet are officially bigger than mine -- ack!) and new casual shoes for me. I'm looking at buying real Converse, as opposed to off brand, because I can't find the off brand ones anywhere.

nullWOMENS CONVERSE CHUCK 70 OX  Converse - Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top Ox (171266C)

Now I just need to decide what colour(s) I want!

[planning]

I'm "planning" on fully enjoying November -- forest hikes, Christmas Hallmark movies, slow evenings, and soaking up every moment of the calm before the craziness of December and two holidays (Christmas and Channukah) hit.

[prepping]

I'm "prepping" for our holiday cards -- we're getting haircuts this weekend and then I've scheduled family pictures for the following weekend. Now I need to think about what I'm going to wear and I need to decide if I'm going to try and convince my family to coordinate with me, or not. Last year I decided not to stress about it and I thought our pictures turned out fairly well.

Our pictures last year.

[reading]

I finally used the gift certificate that I got for our local bookstore from my birthday back in May. I bought these two books and I'm really looking forward to "reading" them.

I've already seen the prompts for December so my next "Currently" post will be a little more... prompt, as it were! Thanks for reading today and now I'm off to check out the rest of the posts in the link up!

9 comments:

  1. Wanna hear something funny? Shutterfly was having a big sale so I got our cards done and early before November 1st this year- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the prompts hidden in one of her recent posts! lol. I used to wear real converse but the ones I have feel heavy on my feet. Now I'm really liking my Blowfish Malibu shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your family picture from last year. I always hate planning for what to wear in family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss "borrowing" my kid Halloween candy. LOL. My mom always let us wear whatever we wanted for family photos too and they always seemed to turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of the converse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! That's the book I wanted to read! "Girls of Paper and Fire." I can't wait to hear what you think. Also, I vote teal converse. Pink will get dirty quickly and red is often hard to match. Teal is like a brighter neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to plan for the holidays and especially for a family photo to use for Christmas cards this year. I think it's important to send out cards this year since we'll be moving, but that will also make getting the pictures a challenge. Hmm. I agree your photo from last turned out great - so here's to not stressing over planning it! Visiting from Currently#16

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great job coordinating in your family picture so yay for no stress and getting a great picture. And wow, what a great-looking book, I should read that really soon...maybe by December 6?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to discover someone is taking over "Currently". I am not familiar with Jennifer so need to make her acquaintance and check out her blog. Rachel certainly scored on Halloween!! My 12-year-old granddaughter has never eaten candy so she would go trick or treating and mom and dad would reap the benefits.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)