Monday, November 07, 2022

Hello Monday! Another Great Weekend

I'm not going to make a habit of it every week, but I'm once again linking up with Holly, who blogs at Pink Lady, and Sarah, who blogs at Sunshine And Books, for "Hello Monday." This past weekend was another pretty great weekend and, again, it's one I want to remember.

Friday was a quiet night and I crawled into bed early. However, I had a late night burst of energy and convinced Dave to come sit outside under the solar lights with me around 11pm. It was 15C (60F) which is unheard of for November so I wanted to soak up the loveliness.

On Saturday we got much needed haircuts (whoo hoo!) and then we went and got Sam his bivalent Covid booster. Now we just need to wait for Rachel to be eligible for it.

 
It was another weekend of dealing with vegetables in our fridge and I made this delicious Moroccan Stew -- it has sweet potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, celery, and more in it. I love it! I also baked a batch of challah as I no longer have time to bake it during the week.

Even though we gained an extra hour of sleep, we still needed a slow Sunday morning. So we decided not to go to church and we raked leaves instead. Hopefully the city will come and suck up that big pile of leaves in front of our house this coming week!

 
We drove Sam to meet his Youth Mentor for lunch and Rachel, Dave, and I ran some errands at the mall. I got new shoes, and we all got soap. It's always so much fun picking out different kinds of soap for each of us, although really, I think I just want to drink the Elderberry Gin Fizz one!
 
Then, because it was such a gorgeous day, Rachel and Dave got the first Starbucks holiday cups of the season, and we went for a walk in the woods. We thought we were going on one trail, but Apple Maps lied and we ended up in a different part of town. Thanks to the All Trails app (a recommendation from Joanne at Slices of Life), we didn't get too lost. That app has saved us more than once! 

It was a beautiful day for a hike and then I came home and processed more vegetables for supper -- I roasted an onion and beets, and made mashed potatoes and celeriac. Dave BBQd, because it was amazing out, and we had a great supper!
 

Rachel has been working on her art project all weekend. It's art inspired by the style of Jack Kirby. She was drawing A LOT of circles!
 
And I got every single piece of clean laundry in our house not only folded, but also put away! That is a HUGE accomplishment for me!!!
 
I think, unfortunately, we're saying good-bye to the unseasonably warm weather we've been having lately, and next weekend will probably be one of baking and watching movies and staying cozy indoors, but I'm sure glad we got to experience this one!

8 comments:

  1. It's supposed to get cold here next weekend too, but this one was nice here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This weather is just amazing! Love your late night burst of energy- this weather gives me great energy too and yes to the Starbucks Holiday Cups- woohoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to two great weekends in a row ;). That is something to be excited/ happy about. We had gorgeous weather, too. It looks like ours will last through the weekend. Glad you got a walk in to enjoy the beauty of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found that App helpful! We just used Alltrails this afternoon to navigate our way through a huge trail system without getting lost. I just went on Bath and Bodyworks website this morning and picked out a few of those very same soaps! I am loving our beautiful, warm weather this week even knowing it probably won't last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't the weather just the best! I wore shorts on Saturday. That's fun to pick out your own soap, I haven't thought about that. May inspire some more diligent hand washing around here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are back to crisp temps today! Hurray for new shoes, soap, and boosters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finishing the laundry is a huge accomplishment and definitely should be documented!! Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't realize Canada observed Daylight Savings Time too! Do y'all hate it as much as Americans do? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having all the laundry clean and put away is the best feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)