Tuesday, February 01, 2022

One Sentence A Day: January 2022

January 2022 did not look at all what we had anticipated. My lung partially detached on January 9th (you can read more about it here if you don't know what I'm talking about) and that set the tone for our month.

1 - Saturday -- I was recovering from my Covid booster, as was Dave, so we had a very restful day although we did fit in a walk to the library.

2 - Sunday -- Rachel got her second vaccine today!!!

3 - Monday -- After announcing they would go back to school a few days earlier, the government backtracked on that decision and decided that the kids would start with a "short time" of remote learning :(

4 - Tuesday -- I had a very busy day at school helping to hand out over a hundred devices for kids to participate in remote learning.

5 - Wednesday -- The first day back to school after the holidays did not look at all like we expected it to.

6 - Thursday -- I didn't feel very good this day so I slept and took it easy.

7 - Friday -- Although I wasn't working full days this week, it was a longer day at work than I had anticipated and we had takeout pizza for supper.

8 - Saturday -- We had a great day of skating on our local rink and going to the library.

9 - Sunday -- While waiting in line, attempting to get rentals for downhill skiing, I had a spontaneous pneumothorax (random, partial lung detachment) and ended up in the ER instead.

10 - Monday -- I had to go back to a different ER for follow up x-rays and got assigned to bed rest.

11 - Tuesday -- Dave's mom brought us supper and the meals for the rest of our week got taken care of by other people.

12 - Wednesday -- I had another hospital visit and follow up x-ray with the news that my lung was showing "slight improvement."

13 - Thursday -- This was a day full of lying in bed, reading, and eating yummy food which other people brought us.

14 -  Friday -- This day looked like the day before.

15 - Saturday -- My good friends brought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers along with an amazing supper.

16 - Sunday -- My parents arrived to be our neighbours for two months!!! (Second sentence: Also, Dave cooked supper for the first time in a week.)

17 - Monday -- Happy 40th Birthday (and snow day) Dave!!!

18 - Tuesday -- I got excellent news about my lung, was able to get off bed rest, and got the okay to return to work!!!

19 - Wednesday -- I had an extremely busy day at work and was exhausted in the evening.

20 - Thursday -- Rachel had dental surgery to remove seven teeth, along with some other work, and to make the day even more interesting, Sam got sent home from school early due to a power outage at his school. (Second sentence: And I got to have a very brief visit with my cousin from out of province whom I hadn't seen in years.)

Left: Rachel recovering from dental surgery (she gave me permission to post this picture) * Right: My best friend, Janice, sent me tea in the mail as a pick me up. I didn't realize you could get tea by mail.

21 - Friday -- It was a PD day at work which meant I could catch up after being off for a week and a half.

22 - Saturday -- I ran errands with my parents, did groceries with Dave, and we cooked at home for the first time in a week. (Second sentence: My parents had been cooking suppers for us since Monday.)

23 - Sunday -- We cooked supper for my parents at our house, although Dave cut his finger, and my dad had to come to the rescue to help with the meat. (Second sentence: Dave is fine and I've been vegetarian for over twenty years so have no faith in my meat cooking abilities!!!)

24 - Monday -- It was another busy day at work but I finally felt a little more oriented as to what I'm doing again :) (Second sentence: I cooked supper by myself for the first time in over two weeks!!!)

25 - Tuesday -- I haven't worked two days in a row since the first week of January but today I accomplished that goal once again :)

26 - Wednesday -- After three days of being back at work, it was so nice that Mom and Dad cooked us supper.

27 - Thursday -- My mom came over and we changed bedding (she did all the heavy lifting), got caught up on laundry, and made challah and pizza dough (Mom did all the kneading).

Thursday pizza night with my parents!

28 - Friday --  I had a weird sore throat (painful off and on but only in one spot) so I stayed home and in the evening, we watched Encanto with Mom and Dad.

29 - Saturday -- I went on the longest walk since my lung issue (7.5km/4.7 miles) as we completed a Winter themed amazing race with our library.

30 - Sunday -- Dave and I grocery shopped in the morning and in the evening we finally got to visit Lights On Stratford, a light and sound display in a town near us.

31 - Monday -- Back to work, a walk with my mom and Rachel to pick up some puzzles, and a massage in the evening.

And that was our full, not at all as expected, January. I wonder what February will hold...

As always, I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo and the other One Sentence A Day bloggers.

9 comments:

  1. What an adventurous January... I prefer the ice skating & fun instead of the ER visits though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your lung made the month full of unexpectedness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back to feeling like your old self again. I can tell you are really enjoying having your parents so close by! What a fun time for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that your parents are able to live near you for the next few months. Also the timing worked out well for them to be near you in light of your health scares this month. I know you will enjoy them nearby in sickness and health- hopefully the rest of their time near you is in "health."

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness…what a month. Glad you’re getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lung partially detached, oh my, I had to read more. So good for family & friends to take care of meals while you were on bed rest. Wow, Dave got a lot of snow for his birthday. Oh no, poor Rachel & her teeth. A good way to end the month with a beautiful light show. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! What a month. I'm so pleased that things are getting better, and that you had lots of people to help take care of you while you were in recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless your heart. What a roller coaster. Look at all of those devices you had to pass out. Huge job. My sister has been in charge of the same big responsibility at her school.

    So glad your parents were near to help out as you and Rachel have healed. Yay for your dad to come to the rescue in preparing the meat. You have some dear friends to cook meals and cheer you with such a lovely bouquet.

    Hope February is gentler!! Happy belated birthday, Dave!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what an eventful month! So glad that you are feeling better...and that you were able to recover at home. Enjoy having your "new" neighbors for awhile - how nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)