Saturday, January 29, 2022

I Spy 2022: Week 4 (Week 56)

It's time for another edition of "I Spy" with Lysha, at A Camera and A Cookbook. This is, unintentionally, the "baby, it's cold outside" edition of I Spy :) We've been in a deep freeze here. Also, I'm very excited that I'm joining the link up on time this week -- that might be the first time in 2022 this has happened.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

{On Your Plate – Quarterly}

January brings soup weather and, a Friday night in January, brings soup with challah so we can celebrate Shabbat. I know technically this is "in my bowl" as opposed to "on my plate" but it was very appropriate.

{Hanging}

At first, I took a picture of the giant icicle "hanging" off the back of our house but then decided to capture these mini icicles hanging off the front of our house instead. I thought they look really interesting among the dried ivy.

{Starts with "A"}

 

 I really struggled as to what I could take a picture of that "starts with 'a'" but then the sun shone on our aprons and I had what I thought was a great photo! Yes, we have too many aprons. Yes, I am working on a decluttering challenge :)

{Pile}

 

Winter means there is always a huge "pile" (or two) of snow in our front yard. How long until Spring? Also, this isn't the greatest picture because I was really cold when I took it.

{Choose Anything – (Monthly – same vantage point)}

 

I really struggled with this one too. I thought about a few different things but I wanted to show something which might actually change monthly. Thus, I decided to take a picture of our dining room every month. I know the lighting is not the best but, if you look closely, you will see three bouquets of tulips (one of which is partly dead!), six place mats on the table because my parents were here for supper the night I took this picture, and outside the window didn't photograph well because there's too much snow. We shall see how much the dining room changes from month to month. It may not be a good vantage point...

As I was writing this blog post, I realized I also could have taken a stack of my current library books every month but I already write a lot about books so I wasn't sure how interesting it would be.

7 comments:

  1. That is quite the collection of aprons! Icicles are always so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost used icicles for hanging too! Your photos is much prettier than mine was though. Our snow piles look like that today but I am hopeful they'll be much shorter by the end of the week. I love that you have such a colorful collection of aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tiny little owl apron!!!!! Just so adorable. Will Rachel ever wear it? At this point I imagine it's the size of a long bib!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had soup in a bowl instead of "on my plate" too! ;-) The icicles and ivy together is a neat contrast. Love the idea of the aprons, and the monthly view of the dining room. It's a beautiful and inviting room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All about the soups here right now too- nothing better when it's cold out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like seeing icicles! We have too many aprons that we never use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the icicles pic! Never thought of that when I decided on 'hanging' for this time of year. Look at all that snow. I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)