Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Currently: February 2022

As always on the first Wednesday of the month, I'm linking up with Anne at in residence for "Currently."

Before I get into this month's prompts though I just wanted to give you an update. Last month we were just starting a "time limited period" of remote learning and more restrictions and I was feeling so frustrated. Thank you to all of you for your kind comments and understanding. I HATE how much Covid (and its restrictions) have defined my mood (and life) over the past two years.

Thankfully, our government actually stuck to their promises (it was seriously a SHOCK) and our kids went back to school on January 17th 18th. They were supposed to return on the 17th but we had a major snow storm and everything was closed, including things which rarely close like the universities and the libraries. So, as of today, our kids are midway through their third week of school and our restrictions are slowly starting to lift. Yay!

Now on with "Currently"...

[loving]

Well if you're new to my blog, you will not already know that my parents are our neighbours for a couple of months. Normally, they live three provinces away. We are loving having them so close. Last night Sam and Rachel texted Oma and Opa to find out if they could run over for a cookie for dessert. It was a short, twenty minute visit, and absolutely perfect!

[making]

On Sunday, we got started on making our Play-Dough snowperson village. We got a little delayed on it this year due to some health issues I had. We still have to make a few more snowpeople to fill the shelf. Also, the green pieces are an alien Dave attempted to make which fell apart :)

[taking]

 

On Sunday night we went to a small town near us to take in its light and sound festival. The town is Stratford and it's famous for its Shakespeare Festival every summer. These light displays were in the Shakespeare Gardens and I enjoyed taking so many pictures. I will share a blog post with more pictures from this fun evening soon.

[wanting]

Since I picked up three new puzzles on Monday, I am now wanting some time to do them. The middle one which is sights from around the world in stamp form, especially appeals to me. If we have a snow day today (see below under "wondering") then I will definitely be spending some time doing one of these!

[wondering]

In January, we were expecting a lot of snow and Sam's teacher told his class that if you wore your pajamas inside out, and slept with a spoon under your pillow, it might be a snow day. Well it worked in January so, since we are currently under a winter storm warning, both Sam and Rachel slept with their pajamas on inside out last night. And with spoons under their pillows. I'm wondering if that will do the trick for a snow day today. (I am writing this post on Tuesday night and our school board doesn't make decisions about snow days until 6am the morning of. No sleeping in for parents on snow days. Ugh.)

Updated at 6:43am to add: No snow day :(

So that is what is up with us "currently." We're slowly getting a little more back to normal and trudging through winter. Maybe by next "currently" we'll have some spring-like weather. It will probably be too early to dream of that but I can always hope...

13 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Congrats on more freedom and more normal- sounds like we are all moving in the right direction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a snow day today! I think it's cool that your parents are living close by and can just pop over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - the PJ's inside out with a spoon is hilarious!!!!
    Look at the snowman village!!! Such a fun thing to make.
    I just put a puzzle table in my cart on Amazon - I want to make more of them - so good for the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the no snow day ):
    So amazing to have your parents so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow Day tomorrow maybe! We'll see.
    I love your puzzles and I also love Stratford.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My children have also tried the inside-out PJs/spoon trick with very little success. :( Sadly we live in an area with so few snow days so luck is not on our side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard about the PJ's inside out & spoon under the pillow, that might be a fun one to try. Oh those beautiful tulips on your dining table ... in spite of Wiarton Willie's prediction of an early spring, I don't believe we will be seeing tulips any earlier in the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That winter festival looks so nice. I have 'attend a festival' on my winter bucket list. I hope I can find something nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the play dough snow people. So great your parents are so close right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny - so eager to get back to school...but the hint of a snowday never loses its magic!! I so remember those days. We slept with pjs inside out many a night....but I have never heard of the spoon under your pillow trick!?:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're having an inclement weather day today (a snow day with ice/ freezing rain) and was so bummed the school waited until 6 am to tell us. We leave the house at 6:25 so I already had the boy up and dressed and lunch packed. But he was still thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the snow day trick. I do a snow dance and taught all the kids I subbed for this week how to do the snow dance and by golly, it snowed!!

    Wish I could get PC interested in working puzzles with me. I get them out in hopes that he will take interest and then nothing happens. The only ones eager to help me are the kitties and they use the puzzle pieces as soccer balls and bounce them off the table and all over the house.
    Your snow village is adorable. I might borrow that idea with my grands. Even the two year old could help make snow people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That festival looks fun!
    Love your little play-doh snowmen!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)