Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Daily Photo: October 1 - 7, 2019

October 1, 2019 -- Lest you think that we are only excited about Blue Jays baseball, let me correct that notion. I was excited to watch the National League Wild Card game this day. And let me tell you, it was a wild game. Also, baseball is much less stressful when I don't really care who wins :)

October 2, 2019 -- Sam was home sick with a cold for three days last week. Boo. And he'd lost iPad for a week for not listening well. He did watch a baseball game a day but he also spent a lot of time looking at this piece of artwork we bought a few weeks ago. It was so interesting to hear his observations. It also made me think that a) I need to take iPad away more often and b) we need to buy more art!

October 3, 2019 -- I started this book while waiting for Rachel at dance. I loved it way more than I thought I would. In fact, I am writing a book review of it (maybe for tomorrow?). It might be my new favourite book that I recommend to everyone!

October 4, 2019 -- This was a busy day of volunteering, shopping, making challah, making supper, entertaining a friend, and a lack of picture taking. Boo :(

October 5, 2019 -- Sam decided he wasn't well enough for Religious School so he read almost all of our PJ Library books instead. He spent three hours doing an "at home" Religious School class :) (PJ Library is a Jewish program where they send you a book a month (for free) about Judaism geared to the age of your child. Over the years, we've accumulated a lot of them. Sam has been getting chapter books for over a year but still enjoys the picture books.)

October 6, 2019 -- My Instagram friend, Erin, talked about Apple Nachos about a month ago. We finally made them on Sunday and they were a HUGE hit. You can find her "recipe" here and I definitely recommend them. I wish I had a plate right now!

October 7, 2019 -- This is our yard at about 7:00pm last night. It was starting to get dark so I used "manual" mode on the camera and rested it on the railing. I'm excited with this (mostly) non-blurry picture. And now I think I will go mow the lawn. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I am cracking up at Sam staring at the artwork!! Who knew you lived in an art museum?! I LOVED The Residence too!! I feel like I learned SO much! I still haven't made challah, though I've looked at your recipe and thought about it many times. I think my family just needs to come visit yall sometime and you can make it for us. :) We will too busy staring at the art to help, of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really curious about that book - can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)