Monday, February 25, 2019

Nature Is Calling

This has nothing to do with anything but I'm so happy because as I'm writing this, I'm listening to the second Blue Jays game of the Spring Training season. Baseball is back and I can't stop smiling! YYYAAAAYYYY!!!

Last week, at this time, we were still in Victoria. Our last couple of days in BC were spent out in nature. And I have to say, around Victoria there is some incredible nature. On Sunday we tried to visit Avatar Grove which is an old growth forest about two hours north of Victoria. Unfortunately, the last few kilometres to the Grove were snowed in so we couldn't actually get there. However, we had some incredible ocean views on our drive.
Sam is pointing across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to Washington state.
We stopped at River Jordan which is a popular spot for winter surfing. We enjoyed watching a few surfers catch some waves.
As we were leaving, this crow landed on the hood of our vehicle. He hung out for about a minute or two while my dad tried to get him to leave. Dad even tried moving the wipers but this guy was stubborn. Ha!
On Monday, we discovered there was an old growth forest nearer to us in Victoria. Unfortunately, Sam had the stomach flu, so Mom stayed home with him while Dad, Dave, Rachel, and I went to check it out. Some of the trees we saw were over 500 years old.
The forest smelled so good and I wish we could have stayed longer. Unfortunately, we were a little cold, and it was hard to walk because of the snow, so we only hiked for about an hour. However, I hope we get to spend more time here next time we visit Victoria, because it was amazing.
 
You can see a few more pictures from this trip here.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the crow will mean good luck. I always feel comforted when I see hawks. I think they are my Guardian Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! The west coast of BC is still on my must see list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it! I had never been before and I'd love to spend more time there.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! But that crow would have freaked me right out. ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even IMAGINE how good an old growth forest smells!!! Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)