Monday, March 17, 2014

Birthdays, Birthdays, And More Birthdays!

As you might have been able to guess, we are in the season of endless birthday celebrations. It is wonderful!

A few weeks ago at LOGOS we celebrated March and June birthdays. (Since LOGOS doesn't meet from May-August, those birthdays get celebrated throughout the rest of the year.) This meant that Sam, Tessa, and Rachel all got to go up for cupcakes, as well as Sam and Rachel's friends, Aaron and Ella. I just love these pictures that Dave took.
Rachel loved her birthday cupcake and ate it for a good fifteen minutes as everyone cleaned up around her. I got this picture of her during the process and every time I look at it, it makes me laugh so much!
We were invited to join Tim, Janice, Tessa and Willem at East Side Mario's to celebrate Tessa's birthday. It was a lot of fun.
Tessa got to order off the adult menu for the first time which was exciting to her and not as exciting for Tim and Janice, as the adult menu means adult prices :)
Tim and Rachel played peek-a-boo with the ice cream cone holders!

The next night we went to Moxie's with Tim and Janice, while Tessa and Willem babysat Sam and Rachel, to celebrate Janice's birthday. It was a great evening with good food and even better company! And Janice and I both discovered that we read the ends of books out of order and we didn't know that about each other! It just goes to show that you can be friends for years and never know some of the really important stuff :)
We splurged and got drinks, an appetizer (a mosaic cheese dip which was amazing), main courses and dessert. I had a mustard dill salmon which was so yummy. Next time though, I'm ordering something with the stuffed baked potato because the few bites I had of Janice's were AMAZING! We also really enjoyed the dessert trio.

Between January 17 and June 17, we have about eleven birthday celebrations of people who are significant in our lives. It is definitely our busy birthday season. Do you have a birthday season, and if so, when is it?

6 comments:

  1. I think our birthday season is from May until November, with one or two birthdays each month. And at work in my office, most of us were born in May (2), June (2), July (3), and August (3)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. March and April are busy birthday months for us as that is Evan and Brody's birthday months, but you already know June is a really busy birthday month for us too. My mom, both nieces, my grandmother's, Mattie's, and our new nephew will be born that month. We also chose that month to get married too so we have to work in our anniversary celebration somehow. Sigh. That picture of Rachel cracks me up too, and those little overalls are adorable with her cute piggy tails! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3/6 of my immediate family members have birthdays in November along with many many cousins - it's probably our biggest birthday Month!

    July is also busy in terms of birthdays, along with the end of April/beginning of May.

    I love celebrating birthdays and making a big deal out of them (unless it's my birthday, and in that case don't make a big deal out of it! haha!)

    All of that food looks SOOOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow November sounds like a crazy month for you! And the food was delicious. I still remember how good it was almost two months later :)

      Delete
  4. This starts the busy birthday season for us too! I love Rachel's piggy tails. How adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're at the very end of our birthday season. My brother-in-law's birthday is this week. But from October through March is basically when everyone's birthday in the family is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)