2) I want to read through my entire Bible in one year. I started this last year, got through Deuteronomy and 1 and 2 Chronicles and got stuck in the Psalms. Who gets stuck in the Psalms, I ask you? Besides me, that is. sigh.
4) I want to read more books. I've gotten stuck in a rut when I read the same old books all the time. I need some new ones. On Monday, when I was at the library, I picked up some random ones and I've decided that I need to do this every time I'm there. Just pick a random book off the shelf. I want to try and do some book reviews this year. After all, I love all of your book recommendations -- it's time to give some back to you.
6) I'm going to invite people over for supper more. I love hosting people and I want to intentionally do more of that. Maybe I'll try to have someone new over every two weeks.
7) I want to be more patient with my kids. These years are crazily short. Rachel starts Kindergarten in a little over a year and a half. I don't want to waste this time I have with her. Sam is already in school and he is so funny and so wise and I miss it half the time because he's not doing what I want him to be doing so I get frustrated. I need to show him more grace. Parenting is hard but that's no excuse not to try harder.
8) I want our family to have more fun. The five days over the Christmas break showed me that our family can have a lot of fun together but we need to be intentional about it. I'd like to do something "just for fun" with my family once or twice a month. Something spontaneous. Something we'll all enjoy.
So that's what my 2014 is going to look like. I hope.