Saturday, August 03, 2013

Sand + Water = Happiness!

So I left you hanging with my last post but now I will fill you in. After Thomas' Day Out, we realized we were only twenty minutes away from Port Stanley on Lake Erie (one of the Great Lakes) so when our friends suggested finding fish and chips to eat and playing on the beach we were all in! It was So. Much. Fun. Because the weather was grey and a little cool, there was hardly anyone else around. We got to Port Stanley around 5:30, ate supper (our restaurant was right on the beach and is pictured below) and then we dug holes and played in them, ran on the beach, played in the water (despite not having our swimsuits), watched some kite surfers and had a lot of fun. I think last Saturday was one of the best days of the summer so far for me.

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the beach! Sounds like you just had a perfect day. I am so glad the kids go to enjoy some fun on the beach. How cute is Sam in the last picture and Rachel half buried in the sand! She is looking so much like you these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you have sold me. I want to go to the Great Lakes now!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)