Monday, August 12, 2013

I've Been Waiting So Long For This!!!

So ever since we bought out house back at the end of March (who even remembers the end of March anymore?!?!), I've been waiting and waiting (and waiting and waiting and...) to show you all some pictures. But I didn't feel right showing you detailed pictures of a house we didn't own yet, even though I had some. So on Friday night I went and took new pictures just for all of you! Don't you feel special?!?! Anyway...

We finally picked up our key at the lawyer's office at 2:17pm on Friday. Whoo hoo!!! It was kind of anti-climatic because the receptionist just handed us the keys and we were out of there. It took about thirty seconds! Then we took pictures of us holding our new keys in the lobby of their office building, as shown above.

On Friday night we decided we would have supper at our new house so we ordered pizza and we were off. I got to unlock the door to our new house for the first time, Sam got to open the door, Rachel got to watch and Dave got to take pictures :)
We also opened a congratulatory bottle of champagne from our friends, Wes and Shirley. Thanks guys!
And yes, we are the parents who gave our 4 year old and 2 year old about a tablespoon each of celebratory champagne. Please sign us up for Parents Of The Year. Or not. (Hopefully it says something about us that we absolutely refused to give Rachel anymore even though she threw a HUGE fit.)
So here are some of the details I have been waiting to show you! On the left are some "built right into the plaster wall" shelves in the living room which I can't wait to fill with interesting objects. On the right is the chandelier in our dining room with framed original house plans, from 1942, in the background. (Yes, the previous owners framed them and then kindly left them for us.)
On the left is a picture of part of the office which connects to the living room (you can see the living room in the background) and a little bit of the thoroughfare which is between the playroom, the basement, the office and the kitchen. The office is one of the rooms I will be painting this week. I find the green is just way too dark. The picture on the right is the pot holder in the kitchen. The kitchen is another room I will be painting this week because I can't stand how the orange clashes with the wood.
The playroom is an addition which was built onto the back of the house so the original brick outside wall is in it. On the other side of the window in the picture on the left is the office. I love all the windows in the playroom and am so excited that Sam and Rachel get An. Entire. Dedicated. Room for their toys. (As opposed to having them in the living room or dining room.)
Next up are some pictures of Sam's room. The drawers are built right into the wall/roof and are really long. I really don't like the brown colour and Sam got to choose his own colour(s) for his room. Tomorrow you will get a preview of Sam getting to paint some of his drawers. Yes, I am also the parent who let her 4 year old paint.
 
 
I love our bathroom. It is really classy, as evidenced by the French on the taps.
And here is Miss Rachel hanging out in her room. We are keeping the green colour because I want to decorate her room in greens, yellows and pinks. It's going to be fun :)
And those are some sneak peeks of bits and pieces of our new house. I can't wait to share more of it with you. Thanks so much for being excited with me!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to see more pics as you make it your home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeekkk Looooove the house!! Those floors are amazing. LOVE that the previous owners left those framed house plans-- SO awesome!! I'm very intrigued by the drawers in the wall in Sam's room- is that normal/standard? I've never seen such a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YAY YAY!

    Wow, you even have a wood paneled outlet cover in the kitchen. Also, love the lattice windows in Sam's room. And that little closet would make a great play room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! :D Doing a happy dance for you! :)

    And you guys are awesome parents. My parents gave me whisky to make me sleep through my baptism (2 months old), and look how well I turned out. :P So I'm sure your kids will be fine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I feel like I've been waiting forever for this post! I am so so so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see all your ideas for the house become reality. I love the hardwood floors, the whole dedicated room for the kids' toys, and that the previous owners left the framed house plans...so neat! It looks like the house has been well taken care so hopefully that means you will just get to put your decorative touches on the house. I am definitely going to be living through you for the next few months in all the new house postings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I am so so so so excited for you! I love the house and all its character and I love love LOVE that you had a first dinner there. I think that is how it should be. ;)

    SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being excited with us. After living here for three weeks I still can't believe it's ours :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the new house! It must feel great to finally be moving in. And I feel like the moving into a house calls for a picnic with fast food the first night. There's really no other way to do it in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)