Friday, August 16, 2013

A Lemony Invitation

We were sitting and eating lunch today when there was a knock on the door. There was a young boy standing there and he handed us a very special invitation.
So you should know that one of my childhood dreams was to have a lemonade stand. My parents, being completely practical, squashed that dream by reminding me that we lived in the country and there wouldn't be much of a customer base for my entrepreneurial idea. This was also their reason for not letting me have a paper route when I got older. Boo. Anyway, I was quite excited about going to get lemonade so after lunch we set off.
The nice thing about having a lemonade stand around the corner is that Sam and Rachel can walk and I can document. Ha ha ha!!! The lemonade stand had good advertising.
We each got a homemade, chocolate chip cookie and some lemonade. Yum yum yum!!!
And as I was sitting there I realized that someday, I can achieve my childhood dream vicariously through Sam and Rachel, and help them run a lemonade stand. I'll probably have to wait a few years though. I have to admit, I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I thought about adding a lemonade stand to our August "bucket list," but then I decided Davis was far too young with far too short of an attention span to enjoy that :) (And we would have given the lemonade away for free, of course, so we didn't look like tacky parents looking to get an easy buck, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I love supporting kids' lemonade stands when I see them!! I must say, my parents were awesome about always letting us have lemonade/koolaid/friendship bracelet stands growing up. I'm sure our neighbors hated that, haha. One time my dad even bought us dry ice and (????? don't remember the other ingredients) and we made homemade root beer!!! It was super amazing. I'm pretty sure we drank it all ourselves...it was more of a learning experience than a moneymaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! If it weren't for the house payment, I think I'd be happy with a salary of lemonade and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you. I always wanted to have a lemonade stand, but I too grew up in the country with a very limited customer base. Haha! Hopefully, my kids will have a different experience growing up in the city. What a sweet experience for your kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)