Wednesday, March 06, 2013

The Reasons I Haven't Blogged Lately...

I know, I know, it's been almost three whole days and you all are starting to worry about me. Well, at least I know my mom is. Hi Mom! There have been a few reasons I haven't blogged lately. In no particular order, here they are...

1) I wasn't feeling well after my long-awaited massage yesterday afternoon so I went to bed when I got home at 4 and slept until almost 9 this morning. That is SEVENTEEN hours of sleep, which is a little crazy, but my massage completely and totally wiped me out.

2) Sam has been fighting a cold and wanting to watch a lot of videos. Since he has been pretty whiny otherwise, I have let him watch a lot of videos which means I don't get a lot of access to my computer these days.

3) I have Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn out of the library until Monday only, and today I spent most of the afternoon finishing it. If you haven't read it, I'm not going to spoil it, but it is one intense book. Whoa Nelly! (And I never use that expression so I don't know why it suddenly popped up but it's here to stay now.)

4) Monday was another round on the house-buying-roller-coaster. I go between trying to be very zen and patient about the process ("It will happen when it happens" "God knows we want a house and will provide the perfect one when the time is right") to being very frustrated and impatient about it ("I. WANT. A. HOUSE. NOW!!!"). And I figure you guys don't need to be on the crazy roller coaster with me so some days it's easier to not blog.

5) We went to the library on Monday night and Sam came home with about twenty million new books. I have read about half of them to him and still have the other half to go.

I know, excuses, excuses... I will try to be more interesting and have fewer excuses tomorrow. How have your days been going?

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were okay. I'm sure you'll find the house you've been waiting for very soon. Look forward to you getting back into the blogging grove. I love reading your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Tracy! Thankfully, since we are currently renting our house, there is no pressure to buy a house. We're just ready to buy and extremely tired of renting.

      Delete
  2. 17 hours of sleep sounds A. MAZING! congrats on that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely missed your blogs! And skipping out on ALL of life in favor of Gone Girl is totally understandable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)