Tuesday, August 01, 2023

I Spy 2023: Week 29 & 30

I'm combining two weeks of "I Spy" today. Last week I got stuck on the "heat" prompt and well... I just never figured it out. However, today I'm just going for it so let's hope all my pictures make sense :) Also, I tried to use pictures that I took each week so the first set of prompts covers some of our time in Saskatchewan still.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

 heat

 

The best way to beat the "heat" in summer is with a homemade milkshake. Thankfully, even though it wasn't all that hot in Saskatoon, we still got a lot of milkshakes!

design

 

We got new t-shirts in Saskatchewan from a local company called Hard Pressed. I love the Saskatchewan "designs" of these shirts. Rachel has my same design on a bunny hug ('hoodie' for you non-Saskatchewan people) and I've been wanting the t-shirt version for about six months now!  

starts with K

 

My last name "starts with 'K'" and these are some of my cousins (and their kids and spouses) on the K side of the family. I was so happy to get to see so many cousins (and aunts and uncles) on our trip. 

beside

 

When we got back from Saskatchewan, we went to see my cousins' son play volleyball. P and his parents were here from Alberta for this tournament so it was very special to get to see him play. "Beside" P, who is extremely tall, Sam and Rachel look very short :) Notice Sam standing on his tiptoes and barely coming up to P's chin! Hahaha!   

your choice

Drinking prosecco with my Mom and Dad for any reason whatsoever is always "my choice!"

feature

 

Rachel and I are waking up somewhere really fun this morning! These views out the train window last night were a "feature" of our long travel day. (Check out my Instagram later today to see where we're spending a few days...)

on your plate – quarterly

While a lot of homemade Greek salad has been "on my plate," last week I bought Sam an individual egg pan so he's been eating a lot of eggs and individual omelettes since then.

forecast

The "forecast" for the next few days is for "a lot of fun, laughter, and good times" (I hope!) as Rachel and I make the most of our time together.

future

I have seen my "future" and it will involve a lot of frustration (and prayers for patience) as I attempt to get this kid out of bed on time for school this year. Ugh. This past week he slept in until 11 or noon every day and it was such a struggle to get him out of bed. Why does high school start so early when teenagers like to sleep in so late?!?!?!? This picture is from when I hauled him out of bed and bribed him to do errands with me one day at 10:30. Side note: Sam was in a great mood, and quite funny, once he got going but the process of getting him going... Oh. My. Word.

choose anything (same vantage point) – Monthly

Since I'm not home right now (blogging from the train on Monday night), I can't take a picture of our dining room. I'll add this prompt to next week.

*week 81 & 82 of Lysha's challenge prompts. Lysha didn't post for these prompts.

4 comments:

  1. I have been saying the same thing about high school! It is so early for all these sleepy teens. I think you did a great job with these prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summer- love seeing all of the joy here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the t-shirts and totally forgot y'all call hoodies bunny hugs, so fun. And I am so jealous of you and Rachel having a girls trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such a fun glance at your summer. Hope you are having fun with Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)