Thursday, August 17, 2023

These Are A Few Of My Favourite New York City Things

Today I'm recapping the second day which Rachel and I spent in New York City earlier this month. We started out by getting Starbucks and walking The High Line. This is pretty much the only thing I wanted to do on this trip, which Rachel hadn't mentioned, and she was okay with walking it this day.

The High Line has amazing art installations...

...beautiful plants and views...
...and incredible architecture. It is one of my favourite spots in New York City and I love visiting it.
While walking to our next event we found this cool mural and took some photos.
And Rachel convinced me to buy her a Crumbl Cookie.
Then we headed off to Candytopia. It is a fun candy, interactive, art installation thing. I hadn't heard of it but Holly, who blogs at Pink Lady, had been in New York the previous weekend and posted about it on Instagram. I checked it out, discovered that it was very close to our hotel, and knew that Rachel would love it. And she did!
There was candy available to eat as you enjoyed the various features.

I loved the recreations of famous artwork. These are all made out of candy.
Rachel loved the marshmallow pool!

We left Candytopia, grabbed a quick lunch to eat at our hotel, and then headed to Broadway because...

...we had tickets to see "Wicked" in the afternoon! We both loved the show and I cried at the end. It was sooooo good and I'm so glad we saw it!
After "Wicked" we had a three minute walk to the Capezio Dance flagship store. Rachel really wanted to get something special for dance here. She got a special black dance leotard and a cute water bottle that proclaims, "H TuTu O." Hahaha! Since they were running a special on dance tights, we also picked up a few pairs for her.
Then we decided to skip the more involved meal we'd had planned for that evening, as Rachel was feeling fairly tired, and we grabbed McDonald's instead. Ever since I went to see Les Mis on Broadway in 1993, I grab fries at the McDonald's in Times Square when I cry my eyes out at a musical. We continued the tradition this trip too :)
And we found a fun Broadway shop on Times Square where we purchased some items. I bought my very first pop socket for my phone here and I have been loving it! I can't believe I didn't have one before but I'm happy to remember a special place every time I use it.
 
After this, we walked back to our hotel, packed up, and had a quiet evening. We took the train back early the next morning and arrived home shortly after 8:30 that night.
 
This was a quick, but really fun, trip to New York City with Rachel and I'm so glad we did it. I had told the kids these trips were not going to be annual occurrences but we had such a good time that Rachel is already asking for another trip next year. Honestly, I'm going to have a hard time saying "no" to her because I had so much fun too!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad she liked Candytopia! I am so jealous that you saw Wicked- one of my faves- you squeezed in so much fun and what a special trip that you will both remember forever- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the High Line! Fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The High Line is my fav area!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a perfect last day! I have seen the Candytopia on a few blogs and do think it looks like a lot of fun. The show sounds incredible; I miss Broadway productions.. I went a few times with my grandmother (the only family member that seemed to enjoy the city as much as I did!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)