Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Currently: August 2023

Since it's the first Wednesday of the month I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness for her "Currently" post. You can find Jennifer here. Currently, I am on a mother-daughter trip with Rachel in New York City so this post reflects that!

[loving]

In case you're new around here, each kid gets a week of sleepaway camp this summer so I told the other kid I'd take them on a trip of their choice. I am loving this trip with Rachel. We've been to New York City a lot as a family but Rachel and I are doing things that Dave and Sam wouldn't want to do. Thus far, we've gone up to the top of the Empire State Building (neither Dave nor Sam is a huge fan of heights), had a really fun tea time and done a ton of shopping, mostly window shopping, along 5th Avenue.

[looking forward to]

We went to High Tea at Alice's Tea Cup and there was no way we could finish all that food. We have a couple of scones and some sweet treats that we brought back to the hotel with us and I am looking forward to eating them at some point. YUM!!!


[starting]

 I'm starting to realize that I will soon have two teenagers in the house (Rachel is going into Grade 7 in September) and that, while there are some parts I don't love (see: trying to wake Sam up before noon), there are other parts which are going to be really fun! It has been so great to have this time with Rachel and see how her interests and compassion are developing and to see how mature she is getting.

[thinking]

 I'm thinking Rachel has the wrong mother to nurture her interests in fashion and beauty! Hahaha! She really enjoyed popping in and out of stores along 5th Avenue and she struck up a conversation with a lovely New Yorker as we were walking about whether or not Lululemon was "worth it." That random stranger was so sweet to talk to Rachel about fashion for about a block as we walked along.

Rachel bought some lip masks and some back to school clothes yesterday!

[wearing]

One of the few stores I wanted to go into yesterday was the Sketchers store! Since we walked 27,941 steps (20 kilometres/12.5 miles) yesterday, I am wearing some comfortable walking shoes and I love my Sketchers!

So this is what we're up to "Currently." It's been a super fun trip thus far! Maybe tomorrow on the train home I'll be able to catch up with some of the other bloggers who also linked up. If not, then I'll do it on Friday when I'm relaxing at home :) 

11 comments:

  1. Your NYC trip with Rachel sounds like perfection! Tea and shopping and the Empire State Building- yes please! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun & special trip for you and your daughter! It is fun to window shop and see the fashions in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in NYC! The top of the ESB is amazing, isn't it? I love a high tea; haven't done one in years. Safe travels back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your NY trip sounds so fun! I went there as a teen and wish that one day I could go back. The high tea looks lovely-so much yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds like such a special and wonderful trip! I am loving all these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think I would enjoy my kids getting older as much as I do! Yes, there's a lot that is hard (waking them up) and scary (the internet) but they are so NEAT as little people. I'm glad y'all have this time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip and special memories you're making! For years I've said that my kids' teen years were my favorite stage in parenting. Doing fun things like the NYC trip will lay a wonderful groundwork to having a great relationship with Rachel as she gets older. (I love all my Skechers and would love to shop their store) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great trip! You both look like you are having so much fun...great memories, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you both had a great time in NYC. The tea shop sounds so fun and I would love to visit that tea shop sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)