Thursday, August 10, 2023

Sunny Sensational Sunflowers

A few weeks ago, a local account I follow on Instagram mentioned a sunflower farm. Supposedly when the sunflowers are blooming, this farm invites people to come and walk in their fields and raises money for organizations which support mental health. Last year they raised over $20,000. So flowers and supporting a good cause? Count me in!

This past Saturday, after we'd picked Sam up from camp, we only had to drive about ten minutes out of our way to visit this amazing place. We all really enjoyed the sunflowers on our hour walk. There was a path through the sunflowers and lots of places to take pictures.

Time with some of my favourite people in a field of flowers? Amazing! 

I loved seeing the huge open sunflowers but also the smaller plants growing among the bigger one and the sunflowers in various stages of opening.
A dreamy place for pictures.
Thankful that the kids indulged me by posing for some pictures.
We had a lovely time and came home with a sunflower each for our memories!

7 comments:

  1. We have a local sunflower farm that does the same thing and we always have so much fun when we go check it out! Over the past 19 years they've raised several million dollars for our local make a wish foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. We have a place like this here too but we don't always make it to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! What a neat idea to raise some money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to a sun flower field!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful photos and what an amazing place. I love sunflowers and by some miracle I managed to grow one really tall one years ago. I felt like a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok looks and sounds like paradise- thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sunflowers!! Gorgeous pics

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)