Monday, July 10, 2023

Not Just A Mom: Top 5 Favourite Family Activities

Since it's the second Monday of the month, I'm joining in with the Not Just A Mom bloggers. Today we're talking about our 5 Favourite Family Activities. The "Not Just A Mom" bloggers are Sarah, Dara, Joanne, Adrienne, Lauren, and Jen. (Click on each name to go their blogs.)

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you will likely not be surprised by any of these! But here we go, in no particular order, these are our favourite family activities:

1) We love going on walks, especially for ice cream at our favourite ice cream shop or to the library. Our family is almost always up for going for a walk, from walking in the woods in the fall to going to Starbucks for hot drinks in the winter, to walking a bunch of errands, we are often get places on foot.

2) Travelling. We love travelling. We love a good road trip, we love a cruise, we love getting out of our city and exploring.

If we can go on a good walk while we're travelling, that's even better! Hahaha!!!

 

3) We love being in Saskatchewan. I realize this is similar to travelling, but it does feel different to us. Saskatchewan is where I grew up and where my parents still live. It is a place which brings all of us great joy. I love that that although the kids have never lived there, they feel very connected to Saskatchewan.

 

 

4) We love reading together, especially for readathons or Jólabókaflóð. I am so thrilled that both kids love to read as much as I do and that Dave also enjoys reading. There is not much cozier than curling up with blankets, a hot drink, and a good book.

 

5) We love going to baseball games. We prefer to watch Toronto Blue Jays games, both at the Skydome in Toronto (or elsewhere) but we'll watch any baseball game we can, if it's live. This family activity has become a lot more fun now that Rachel is more into games. Hahaha!!!

First, in person, baseball game, post-Covid.

Spring Training game in Dunedin, Florida

Post season game 

So those are 5 family activities which we all enjoy doing. I'm looking forward to reading the other posts in the link up to see what some of your favourite family activities are.

11 comments:

  1. Definitely no surprises in reading this list! It's wonderful that you all get to do so many of the family activities you enjoy so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing you all going to baseball games and so glad you passed on your love for reading to your kids- that is so awesome Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like a lot of the same things! I wish my boys would sit down and read though, they usually end up talking and I have to leave the room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun stuff!! I am envious of your family reading time, it's usually just me with a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how much y'all do together. Trent is such a curmudgeon, so I'm going to have to think about this for our family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading as a family...that's so amazing. I wish we could say the same. We all enjoy baseball, so that's fun for us to do too. Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are able to walk to places like ice cream shops and the library! I'm out in the country so everything is a drive! Isn't traveling the best? I love seeing new places for the first time! Baseball is our jam, too! My husband started playing when he was 3 and played all the way through college! Of course, we are Ranger fans but we love watching any team play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful activities.
    My girls are only keen to go on walks if food is involved. hehehe I love the sound of your travels, it's good when you find somewhere that you really love like Saskatchewan. We have a place where my fella grew up that we love and we're going in a little while for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally get what you're saying about Saskatchewan. It's family time with the extended family. That's something our family has always loved as well - being together with my parents and aunts - and I love that my kids have such close relationships with their grandparents. I wish I'd learned about Jólabókaflóð earlier and could have somehow made that a family tradition. That's awesome that you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun! We love going on walks, too! We haven't been to any professional sports games (except our cities local baseball games) but I know that will be in our near future because I have some sports lovers on my hands over here!

    Suzanne
    www.suzannehines.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)