Wednesday, July 12, 2023

10 On The 10th: July 2023

You can tell I'm on summer break because my "10 On The 10th" this month is very timely! In case you missed it, we're in Saskatchewan, and this was a really fun 10th of the month because we enjoyed an outdoor fire and a wiener/sausage roast.

We had happy hour out by the fire while we waited for the flames to die down.

My mom is going to give me some lily bulbs to fill in an empty spot between our replanted day lilies and the cedar hedge along the fence. So I took pictures of some of my favourites. I'm starting to get excited about the new beds -- I'm still not excited about the fence though. Ha!

Dave and I decided that Happy Hour by the fire called for Caesars. Dave's was extra spicy and mine was extra mild.

The kids were preparing for the wiener/sausage roast by messing with the fire (!) and bringing condiments and plates and cutlery out from the kitchen.

The kids roasting hot dogs with Opa.

And I had one roasted sausage (so good!!!) and some roasted zucchini (also pretty good).
 
It was a very fun 10th of July and, since Vladdy won the Home Run Derby, it was also a very memorable one! Hahaha!!!

5 comments:

  1. I was looking at your drinks thinking those are Bloody Mary's! I never knew they are called Caesars in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fire pit looks so fun- hope you are having an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never knew that about the drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have the fun drinks and roast the sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all your photos from "back home." Those are some lovely varieties of lilies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)