Wednesday, April 20, 2022

10 On The 10th: April 2022

I have to be honest here -- I was feeling fairly down this past April 10th. Dave was recuperating from a fairly bad cold (he tested negative four times for Covid), it was cooooolllllddddd (which has defined our spring thus far), and I was just feeling a little blue. So I decided to take ten pictures of (mostly bright and colourful) things which made me happy.

Sam and I split a mango and I ate it out of a brightly coloured bowl. Dave and Rachel don't like mangoes which makes me sad for them, and extra happy for Sam and I because we get to eat more!!! 

I walked Sam to a friend's house and then I came home and took these pictures of spring flowers in our back yard. The daffodils were about to pop and the crocuses were blooming nicely.

Then I took some pictures of flowers inside our house! These tulips were still looking quite nice.

It was a cold enough day that I wanted some tea to drink while I folded laundry, so I picked a bright, spring looking mug to drink from.

This is a boring picture but Dave and Rachel handwashed all of Rachel's dance costumes. I hate handwashing so I was really happy to not have to do this task.

I was happier about the Blue Jays ball game before the opposing team scored a bunch of runs. Oh well -- baseball is definitely full of ups and downs but it still, usually, makes me happy :)

A cold day calls for warm soup and this soup is one of my favourites.

I was so happy to get the April calendar done. It took me awhile but it's better than March where I never actually finished our calendar. My goal for May is to get the calendar done before the first week is over :)

So that was my chilly, "where are you spring?", 10 on the 10th. It was a good day of getting things done around the house and looking for bright moments.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you were feeling that way- hope things are getting more cheerful- I will tell you that those tulips would help cheer me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cold here too, I hope it warms up there and here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so over the cold!!!
    I think we'll jump to COVID conclusions for awhile - which my niece has covid for the 2nd time - UGHHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm sorry Dave was so sick, but you sure did brighten your world with these pictures! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it warms up! We've had two super nice days and now it's been meh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)