Saturday, January 23, 2021

I Spy Photos: Week 3

It's the third week of the "I Spy" photo challenge with Lysha at A Camera And A Cookbook. You can find her blog here. Keep reading to see what I spied through my camera this week. 

Let's Play iSpy 2021

 {ordinary day}

Yesterday was an ordinary Friday which meant we celebrated Shabbat at supper. We light candles, bless the wine, and cut the challah, all the while reciting the Shabbat blessings.

{favourite}

One of my favourite things is Sam and Rachel play games together. They get along so well.


{candle}

We don't normally burn candles in our house (except for Shabbat!) but Dave had a birthday this week!

{brings me joy}

Dave and Rachel did the grocery shopping last week and I asked them to buy some tulips. Rachel was so proud that she picked these colours out herself. "I got you some good ones, right Mommy?" Yes, yes you did :) Both the flowers and Rachel's enthusiasm for picking them out brought me joy this week. 

{black & white}

I struggled the most with this prompt this week and finally decided to take a picture of this piece of art Rachel created in the spring.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for birthday celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely flowers and I hope Dave had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Dave enjoyed his day because we made all his favourite foods!

      Delete
  3. Your shabbat candle sticks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pictures! Tulips are so nice to see this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy a lot of them in January (and into February too) because they remind me of Spring.

      Delete
  5. What a great idea to take a photo of the birthday candles!! Happy birthday to Dave. Well done, Rachel, on the tulip selection. And your photo is so lovely. I can almost smell those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Dave's bday was wonderful! Love the tulips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think he had a good day because he got to eat all his favourite foods!!!

      Delete
  7. Looks like fun things going on with you! Happy birthday Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect timing for the candle prompt for you then, since you don't burn them. I have candles in almost every room. I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with them. Maybe because we didn't have them growing up and just enjoy them.

    You are so lucky to have kids that play together and get a long so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your challah looks like pure perfection. Did you make that loaf or buy it? If you made it, I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)