Wednesday, January 13, 2021

10 On The 10th: January 2021

Since Sunday was the 10th of the month I'm sharing ten pictures I took that day. I was struggling a little bit during the day trying to figure out what to take pictures of and then, inspired by an Instagram account I follow, we decided to attempt making stained glass cookies. Then we took about thirty pictures in half an hour -- haha! So you can follow along with our stained glass cookie making adventure.

The first task was to peel all the Jolly Rancher candies and sort them by colour.

Rachel enjoyed smashing them into bits with a hammer.

After the dough was chilled, we set up to make cookies on the table.
 
We found the dough rolled out best between two pieces of parchment paper. 

Rachel and Sam filling in the holes of the cookies with crushed Jolly Rancher pieces.

The first tray of cookies is ready to bake.

Once the Jolly Rancher pieces melted, they bubbled away and it was fun to watch!

Our first batch got a little dark.
Some of the finished cookies hanging in the window. 

This was a really fun craft/cookie to make. You can eat them as well but only the kids were interested in that! If you think this is something you want to try, let me know and I can share the recipe we used, along with a couple of things we learned along the way.

9 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Love how the look in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with these cookies! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so fun to make. Even Sam, who isn't all that crafty, got into it!

      Delete
  3. What kind of dough did you use? This is really cute, and I think the girls would LOVE to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun wintry day activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such festive pics! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so glad to finally have a focus for picture taking for the day :)

      Delete
  6. What a delightful activity! Can you please travel to Philly and do this activity with my children? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember doing this with my babies. Fun!! Edible stained glass.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)