Saturday, January 09, 2021

I Spy Photography Challenge: Week 1

Let's Play iSpy 2021

I don't normally post on Saturdays but I will in January (at the very least) because I am participating in the I Spy Photography Challenge which is being hosted by Lysha at A Camera And A Cookbook. The idea is to "look for the marvelous in the mundane" as Lysha put it in her blog post. You can check her original post out here. And her I Spy Photo Challenge link up is here.

So without further ado, here are my photos for the following prompts:

{Hello 2021!}

Mimosas for all to kick off January 1, 2021!
 
 {old}
 
Clearly these flowers are getting old and need to be thrown out. Unfortunately, I have a habit of keeping flowers until long past the time they are nice but maybe I'll try to compost these this weekend. Maybe...
 
{goals}

My goals are becoming more focused (haha!) as the week goes on. Also, each droplet represents 500 ml (2 cups) of water.

{green}

Green needles from our discarded Christmas tree scattered on the snow.

  {happy}

 

I had dreams of getting a photo of Sam and Rachel being happy together but they just kept looking ridiculous. Ha!

12 comments:

  1. Mimosas sound like a great way to kick of the year. Clicking over from Lysha's link up. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to kick off the new year! I too used a smiling photo of my son for happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids can be so happy these days and it's pure joy!

      Delete
  3. So glad you joined!! I need to get my post up. My favorite shots are the mimosas...yes, please!, and the pine needles in the snow. That one touched my heart, the other touched my taste buds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful start to January!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you kicked the new year off with mimosas! 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and I'm here for the mimosas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great captures! I was inspired by your "old" to use as my "old" as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't feeling very inspired to be honest so that was a lovely thing to hear you say.

      Delete
  8. I love your creativity with the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the photos I'm seeing for the 'green' prompt of foliage in snow! Just gorgeous! Your interpretation of Hello 2021 is awesome! Mimosas are so yummy. Thanks for joining in on the photography challenge! I am truly inspired by you and others who have contributed this 1st week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to see that even older, more mature children cannot successfully take a happy photo together because it makes me feel better than my children are so impossibly bad at it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)