Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Scholarly Pursuits

Last week was March Break but we had the regular routine going on around here except Sam was out the door to Lego Camp every morning and Rachel was either sick at home (boo) or at dance camp. But this week we're back into routine with school and work and a short week. Whoo hoo!
However, I came across these pictures (from February mostly - gasp!) and realized I'd wanted to share them with you. These pictures of Rachel, with a bag of marshmallows, are from her (not so epic) 100 Days of School project. This was a super-easy project to do, once I'd talked her out of wanting to take "100 Funny Bunnys" to school. (And yes, I know "bunnys" is not the correct pluralization but "Funny Bunny" is her rabbit's name and thus I am sticking by my "Funny Bunnys.")
I don't know about your schools but every once in awhile we get a "theme day" thrown at us. I can handle the easy ones like Pajama Day or Backwards Day but this was "Dress as your favourite time period." Yeah.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying my kids a vintage outfit that they will wear once and then grow out of. So I put my Desperate Mom Hat on and convinced Rachel that her favourite time period was "spring" and convinced Sam that his was "bedtime." The creators of this theme day may hate me but I feel like my sanity has a price.
We are very much looking forward to our four day weekend. And due to some craziness going on in our lives, and the school's schedule, we'll be having three or four day school weeks until the end of April, which doesn't give us a whole lot of time for more scholarly pursuits!

3 comments:

  1. I just love this! You are so creative to think of Spring and Bedtime. I may steal this if the need ever arises. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, those costume ideas were pure brilliance if I do say so myself. Haha! I kind of miss those days when Evan's old preschool had theme days and weeks. He hasn't had many of those days in grade school though except an occasional pajama day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)