Saturday, November 09, 2013

Week In The Life -- Saturday

So welcome to my "Week In The Life 2013." I even got all official and created a label for it. You can now see all my Week In The Life posts by clicking on that handy tag.

This morning I woke up at 8:30. After staying up too late on Friday night reading, it was a little too early for me. Thankfully Dave was home so I had a leisurely time from 8:30 until 10:30. I ate breakfast, checked computer stuff (blogs, e-mail, Instagram, Facebook), picked out Sam and Rachel's clothes for the day, and did some basic tidying up. Dave supervised breakfast for the kids and then Sam and Rachel played duets on the piano and "talked on the phone", had tea and set up a farm in the playroom while I figured out what errands to do while we were out.
I just love Sam's imagination in setting up his farm here.

From 10:30 until about noon we were at the synagogue so the kids could attend Tot Shabbat (similar to Sunday School). They learned about the story of Noah's Ark and made rainbows. Then we did some grocery shopping.
From 1:15 until 2, I put groceries away, returned some phone calls, and helped Dave make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. I took the first of many food pictures of the day. I really love how the pile of cheese looks for some reason!
From 2:00 until 3:30 we processed food, mostly using up CSA vegetables. First Sam and I made zucchinni muffins for Sunday School snack. Then Sam helped me make cabbage rolls for tonight's supper and Dave made an amazing coleslaw with some orange and red beets, purple cabbage, kohlrabi, carrots, onions, and celery. He was a chopping and grating machine. I was grateful, because I hate doing stuff like that.
I know, I know, with pictures like this I am destined to become the next great food photographer! Ha!

From 3:30-5:30, I worked on treasurer stuff for the preschool. I actually got a lot done so that felt really good.
My treasurer desk after I went through all the piles waiting for me!

From 5:30 - 7:00 I made salad dressing for the coleslaw, ate seven cabbage rolls for supper, and discovered that I don't have to tell the Bible story for Sunday School assembly tomorrow. I had been thinking I needed to do that all week and when I finally checked to make sure it was me, it wasn't. Don't think about the fact that I hadn't practiced the story AT ALL as of Saturday night at 6:15. I also mixed the coleslaw so it was finished and rearranged some flowers, including the bouquet below which I got today while grocery shopping. Yay!

I'm also going to be the next great flower photographer! Ha ha ha!
At 7:00 I was supposed to have a meeting with the previous treasurer of preschool to make sure I'm doing things correctly! However, he never showed up and I couldn't really do much else while I was waiting for him so I just surfed the internet. It turns out he forgot so our meeting got postponed to Wednesday night.
From 8:15 until 8:45 I finished putting the kids to bed since Dave was getting fed up. He actually did the majority of the work and I just finished off his hard work :) Then from 8:45 until 9:30, Dave and I did all the dishes from the afternoon's cooking extravaganza.
There were A LOT of dishes because this isn't even all of them.

Then I uploaded, and edited, pictures for this post. And now Donny and Marika are here and I am going to visit with them.

3 comments:

  1. Reading these posts makes me feel like I should make better use of my time...ha! Love the cabbage rolls! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, your Saturday actually looked similar to my Sunday. With the exception of the massive amount of dishes to wash and the late visitors. I don't envy you the dishes, but I do envy the visit from friends. I know you enjoy your time with Donny and Marika, and I am so envious of your close friendships. Those types of friendships are rare and hard to find for adults. The similarities are the look of the kids' playroom while the kids are playing (fun with a little dose of chaos mixed in) and the kitchen tasks. I finally got around to making some homemade applesauce with the rest of the apples we picked last month. I didn't want them to go bad before I had a chance to use them. I made the applesauce in the crock pot and let it simmer all day with brown sugar and cinnamon so the house was smelling good. Those cabbage rolls of yours look so yummy, and I would want to try the zucchini muffins and that beautiful purple coleslaw. And I love all your aprons! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now extremely hungry! :P
    I always feel like we spend too much time in the kitchen (cooking and cleaning), but it looks like you guys are logging in some pretty significant time there, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)