Friday, November 15, 2013

In Which I Upload Really Bad iPad Photos And Call It A Post

Okay, I have the best blogging friends in the whole world. Seriously. Thank you so much for all your prayers, your understanding and your patience. My heart still hurts for Erika, Sherry and others of you but I also miss you a lot. I can't promise to catch up on all your blogs today but know that in the next few days you will be getting a slew of comments from me on all the posts I've missed. And if you have some extra prayer energy you can go to this post from Kelly's Korner and pick one (or ten) requests to pray for. There are a lot of hurting people in our world.

In the meantime let me fill you in a bit on these past few days, using (awful) pictures I took with our iPad. I can see why people like taking pictures with their phones -- it's much easier! Also, for those of you who follow me on Instagram you will have seen these already but tomorrow I will have some new, never before seen, pictures to post so don't stay away too long :)

One of Sam's school friend's mom works at the new Target. She gave me the inside scoop on its "soft opening" day, which was Wednesday. So after I dropped Rachel off at preschool, observed Sam in his natural classroom setting for half an hour and dropped Dave off at work, I was off! I found a great deal on some new shirts and a pair of red tights for Rachel so it was a successful trip.
This is a really awful picture showing off all my wrinkles (Wow do I look old.) and with windblown hair but also MAJOR EXCITEMENT that the Target which I will go to All. The. Time. is finally open. Speaking of "all the time," Dave took a sick day yesterday and, after we dropped Rachel off at preschool, we took another trip to Target and bought slippers for Miss Rachel and a teapot ornament for me in "Target Red." Yay! After that Dave spent some time at home watching Seinfeld and resting.
We had fun taking some family pictures on the iPad the other night. Funny Bunny kept photobombing them. Crazy Bunny. Speaking of Funny Bunny, this morning at 3:30am Rachel woke up crying. I was rather annoyed when I discovered that the reason she was upset was because she couldn't find Funny Bunny's soother. Once I got him another one, all was well again. 3:30am wake ups are exhausting enough without them being caused by the problems of stuffed rabbits. Go ahead and laugh if you are reading this, I give you permission :)
Dave and Rachel played some duets the other night. What you can't tell from this picture is that Rachel kept yelling at Dave to play another song. And she also wanted a "If you're happy and you know it" and "Skip to my Lou" mashup. Dave found that request a little hard to manage.
This is Rachel and I last night after the LOGOS themed Western Hoedown! I had to borrow a plaid shirt from Dave and Rachel sported overalls. Rachel was in a silly mood before bed and, I have to admit, I didn't really do anything to help her calm down. Unfortunately my Grade 7 kids were not at all into the square dancing so we cleaned up instead of getting to swing your partner. Oh well, there's always next year.

I also did some things which I didn't get pictures of such as sleeping for eleven hours on Monday night, watching three episodes of Downton Abbey (almost done series 2 now!), getting almost all of the Channukah and Christmas shopping done for the kids, painting the last little square of orange in the kitchen (which means a kitchen tour is coming soon!), and washing seven loads of laundry.

Today I am going to work on putting all the laundry away, doing dishes and getting ready for a date night with Dave. We're going to have supper with his parents, pick out a wedding gift at a pottery sale (Yes it's for us and we just received the money for it last week. And yes, we got married over five years ago.), and grocery shop. It's exciting times around here, I tell you!

Also, starting on Sunday I will be continuing with the Week In The Life of me series. We'll see if I can make it through a whole week this time.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your back. =) Love your pictures! How great that you have a Target close by!!! I love the picture of you and Rachel in your hoedown clothes. Too cute!!! And btw, you look great in the first picture! Don't be so hard on yourself. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so informed - I had no idea the target in this city was opening any time soon! I'll have to go check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one at Conestoga Mall just opened. The one at the Laurentian Power Centre has been open since July! Whoo hoo!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, how I love Target! So happy you have a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower coming over from Kelly's Korner, although I don't like in your area, I am not to far away, I live in Fredericton, NB.
    We just got a new Target store open here as well, I wasn't impressed with it but c'est la vie,life goes on.

    YOu can find me over here
    http://ramblingmomma03.blogspot.ca/2013/11/friday-confessional_15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along. I love New Brunswick. I lived there for a few months one summer and it was so beautiful. And I hope your Target gets better :)

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)