Wednesday, February 28, 2024

What's Up Wednesday: February 2024

I'm working on this post while watching the first Blue Jays spring training game of 2024 and I am giddy!!! I'm so excited that baseball is back!!! Now to buy some regular season tickets so we can go see some games at the Skydome...

I love answering the What's Up Wednesday questions every month. I really like how they help me reflect on the past month. The questions come from Shay at Mix and Match Mama and Sheaffer at Sheaffer Told Me Too.

image from here
 
What we're eating this week... This month Sam and I ate a lot of grapefruit! They were delicious and Rachel and Dave don't like them so Sam and I were on our own. I eat a grapefruit like I would an orange -- peel it and eat it in whole slices. I also baked mocha chocolate chip muffins on Saturday. They weren't as "mocha-y" as I would have liked.
What I'm reminiscing about... I'm reminiscing about last March Break when we got to see Blue Jays Spring Training in person! I'd love to get back to Dunedin to watch more games. You can read about our day at TD Ballpark here.
 
What I'm loving... It's starting to get light earlier in the mornings!!! Whoooo hoooo!!! I LOVE when we get more light in our days!!!

What we've been up to... It felt like February was a weird month. We didn't have much winter weather and, sometimes, it felt like we were experiencing an early spring. As I write this post though, we're being hit with another blast of cold. Brrr.
We visited our favourite ice cream shop and supported a fundraiser by eating "ice cream for breakfast" one Saturday.
Rachel danced with the Chamber Orchestra.
 
Janice and I enjoyed a very special tea time. You can read more about it here
 
We enjoyed a three day weekend where we had time to visit with friends and I still had time to bake buns and do a puzzle. It was the best kind of weekend!

What I'm dreading... I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Ugh. I always dread going to the dentist.
 
What I'm working on... I'm beyond excited that Dave and I get to take a trip just the two of us this summer!!!!!!!! Whoooo hoooo!!! So we've been working on getting that trip planned and figuring out some childcare for the kids. It will be SO GREAT!!! We haven't travelled just the two of us since July 2018 so it's been awhile!!!
Dave and I in Iceland, July 2018

And now I need to start working on our family summer trip. Hahaha!

A couple of weekends ago was a three day weekend here in Canada (Family Day weekend) and we worked on getting our house a little cleaner. That was fun. Okay, not "fun" per se, but definitely necessary.

What I'm excited about... It's almost March Break!!! Whooo hooo! I can't wait!!! We're headed somewhere warm this year so sunny days and sleeping in and relaxation (mostly!) are on the agenda.
 
What I'm watching/reading... We're still watching Marvel movies. And eating soup! (See the "Soup & Superheroes" I referred to in my January "What's Up Wednesday" post.) As a family we've watched Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, SpiderMan: Homecoming, and Black Panther this month. Dave and the kids have watched a few others.

And we're watching Blue Jays Spring Training!!! I get so excited this time of year because I absolutely love baseball!!!
What I'm listening to... I've been listening to a lot of Taylor Swift (between Rachel listening to her at home and the gym classes listening to her at work -- they're working on dances), there's been a lot of Taylor this month.

Also, sadly, various members of my family have been sick over the last month or so. Thus, I've been listening to a lot of coughing -- which I'm starting to find irritating. I don't like being grumpy about this but I'm ready to around some healthy people.

What I'm wearing... I bought a new, colourful, pair of Converse shoes a few weeks ago! They're a bright, spring, colour. Since we've had some warmer weather, I've already broken them out a few days! I was also inspired by my blog friend Holly's trip to Miami and bought a pair of palazzo-like pants. You can see Holly's post here. I'm taking them on our March Break trip.
Image number 7 showing, High-Waisted Playa Wide-Leg Pants for Women  Chuck Taylor All Star in Double Cyan

What I'm doing this weekend... I'll be packing for our March Break trip! I can't wait! I'm so ready for warmth and no schedule and sun!!!

What I'm looking forward to next month... Our March Break trip! Easter! Sam's birthday! Canstruction! March is usually such a fun month, and this March will be especially so!!!

What I bought on Amazon... I didn't buy anything on Amazon this past month.

That's what's up with us this Wednesday. We're excited about spring and getting away and baseball. To me, we're really heading into the best time of the year and I am so ready for it!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see where you are going- you must be SO EXCITED- yeah for warmth and relaxation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather was weird for February here too. Yay for baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been a big grapefruit fan, but I need more citrus in my diet. Do you eat them any way other than peeled?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about games at the Skydome too, they have been working hard with this second round of renovations.
    Re coughing, I'm always like "can't you just not cough?", and it's a running joke in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for a couples trip sans kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like grapefruits too! Yum. I hope you have the best time on March break; those pants will be perfect for sunny skies and warm breezes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)