Sunday, February 04, 2024

Friday Favourite Moments #5 (On A Sunday This Time)

My Friday Favourite Moments post is, once again, late because I haven't yet learned the rhythm of writing these posts as the week goes on. And I ran out of time to write this on Thursday night. Ooops.

1) Salted Caramels at work

Last year, our Child & Youth Worker worked out of the main office. She had these salted caramels and a few times a week I would get one. This year she works across the hall instead and, while I still see her, it isn't as often. This past week I had a night where I didn't sleep well and I was struggling at work. Our CYW came across the hall with a handful of these exclaiming, "Look what I just found!" It was such a lift that day to eat one of these.

 
 2) My yellow-orange tulips

Some bouquets of tulips just bring me a little more joy than others. This past week I was getting such a lift out of these yellow-orange ones. I may have mentioned a time (or seven!) that we've hardly had any sun in our area for the past month, but these tulips brought some much needed sunshine to our living room!
 
3) Thursday night at dance

Rachel is dancing with the Chamber orchestra later today and there was an extra rehearsal on Thursday night. I volunteered to help watch dancers and there were three of us on duty. We had the best conversation about travel, dance, raising our kids, and so much more. It was such a fun hour and a half of keeping an eye on the dancers (who honestly were so well behaved we only need to "shush" them a few times) but mostly connecting with some other dance moms. (This is also why I didn't get this post written on Thursday night.)
 
So this past week was short and sweet. This weekend has already been full of a few favourites so next week's post will likely be a little longer. And, if I've learned my lesson about writing it as I go, it might even be on time! For those of you who write a regular Friday Favourites post, how do you write it -- all at once on Thursday or throughout the week? Teach me your ways, wise (and timely) bloggers :)

4 comments:

  1. I can never think of favorites to share for the week! Thursday night at dance sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a sweet touch with those toffees! When I used to write a more tradition Friday Favorites post I tended to write them as I went along day (or early the next morning) while I could still remember what we did and what I what made it a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those tulips are just making me smile- can't wait to grab some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)