Thursday, March 17, 2022

I Spy 2022: Week 10 (Week 62)

Hello! I really didn't mean to not blog for a week but life got a little crazy around here and then we went away for just under a week! Yes, except for going to visit my parents in Saskatchewan a few times, we went on a real vacation where we left the country, for the first time in two years!!! To say we were beyond excited to get going was an understatement. But now we're back and we had such a great time!!! I will be blogging about our trip to New York City, and to visit some of Dave's extended family, over the next week and a half so please excuse (or enjoy - hahaha!) all the travel posts.

To start with, I'm going to post my "I Spy" post for last week, with a decidedly New York flavour :) As always, I'm linking up with Lysha at at A Camera and A Cookbook.

Let's Play iSpy 2022

{weather – quarterly}

The weather for our two days in the city was amazing and I was sad to arrive back home in the middle of a snowstorm. However, yesterday a ton of snow melted as our high was 11C (51F) and the sun was shining most of the afternoon. This is some of my favourite kind of "weather" as the snow melts and the grass starts to turn green!

{opposite}

We were so excited to be traveling again, and to be back in New York, that we made this a bit of a "Yes!" trip, which is the "opposite" of how we normally see the city. We splurged on random things we wouldn't generally do like getting a horse drawn carriage tour of Central Park! It was fun, even though we just did the short twenty minute tour.

{statue}

I love this "statue" which I think is near Rockefeller Centre. I saw this on Friday morning as we were walking down 5th Avenue and just had to take a picture.

  {behind the scenes}

We've decided to hit up a museum every time we are in the city from now on and we started with MoMA (Museum of Modern Art). "Behind the scenes" of this piece of artwork were a few different motors which made the old umbrellas turn. There were three or four rotating umbrellas in this piece.

  {your choice}

 

Ending a really fun day in New York with an incredible musical will always be "my choice!"

I'm so excited that almost everything about this trip worked out well. It was a perfect reintroduction to traveling after two years of Covid.

5 comments:

  1. I saw The Lion King a while ago, such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for a real vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip Natasha and lots of fun all around. Love the MoMA exhibit and I'd go for a carriage ride too! CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pics! So glad you got to go on a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had such fun in NYC. I've always wanted to take a carriage ride in central park. Your photos are great and I agree that Broadway shows are the best way to end any trip into the city.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)