Tuesday, November 03, 2020

One Sentence A Day: October 2020

It's the first Tuesday of the month so I am linking up for "One Sentence A Day" with Rebecca Jo and other bloggers. I am hoping and praying we wake up tomorrow morning with some certainty and peace about the next four years. And no, I am not American and I do not live in the States, but American politics have a far-reaching influence.

1 - Thursday -- I woke up with an upset stomach this day so went back to bed for a few hours.

2 - Friday -- Sadly, my upset stomach from the previous day meant I needed to take a Covid test before I could go back to work. (Second sentence: Due to a shortage of testing options in our area, I spent half an hour on the phone before I could find a place to get tested the next day.)

3 - Saturday -- It was a runaround day starting with a Covid test and ending with a family movie night of Hocus Pocus.

4 - Sunday -- I didn't get enough sleep the night before so I was grumpy this entire day.

5 - Monday -- I got started on our Disney Cruise photo book and my Covid test came back negative.

6 - Tuesday -- I was back at work today and it felt good.

7 - Wednesday -- I woke up with a runny nose and a sore throat so it meant I was a) off work and b) trying to book yet another Covid test. Ugh.

8 - Thursday -- This was kind of a "blah day" as I was off work and didn't have a lot of energy.

I set myself up in the playroom to blog and work on our photo book 
since it was nice and sunny in there. 

9 - Friday -- I got my second Covid test within a week and took lots of pictures of fall colours.

10 - Saturday -- I baked buns and Rachel and I watched two Hallmark movies. (Second sentence: At 11:30pm, my results came back "negative" for Covid. Phew.)

11 - Sunday -- We had our Thanksgiving dinner with a friend joining us over Zoom.

12 - Monday -- It was Canadian Thanksgiving and we took some family pictures in the leaves.

One of the outtakes. Where's Sam??? 

13 - Tuesday - It was garlic cracking day at CSA which is an annual tradition our family loves!

14 - Wednesday - We all went to watch Sam's ball game and I enjoyed catching up with a friend as we watched our kids play. (More sentences: My contract at work was extended until December 18. It was supposed to end on Friday, October 16 so this was a big surprise!)

15 - Thursday - It was a busy evening of SoulFood night over Zoom and then a FaceTime catch up with friends.

I turned onto our street this day and just had to capture the fall beauty.

16 - Friday - Sam was invited to join Jr Youth at our church a year early (normally it's only for Grades 7 & 8) and I feel like he's turning into a pre-teen way too fast as we dropped him off for his first event.

17 - Saturday - Rachel and Dave both felt under the weather so we had a quiet day at home, although we did take a walk in the afternoon.

A fall planter at our library. Next year I want to plant decorative kale somewhere.

18 - Sunday - Rachel and Dave got Covid tests this day, just to rule it out, and thankfully they came back negative later that night.

19 - Monday - Mondays are not my favourite days but I did enjoy picking up eggs locally and visiting with some neighbourhood friends.

Sam made his famous curried shrimp soup for supper. YUM!!!

20 - Tuesday - I had my first blog friends' book club and it was so much fun!!!

Allena created this graphic for us and I LOVE it!!!

21 - Wednesday - It was a busy day at work and I went to sleep early.

22 - Thursday - Work, SoulFood, -- I can't remember what else happened this day.

23 - Friday - We went to watch Sam's last ball game of the season but it was rained out after the first inning and a half :(

24 - Saturday - We got a few errands done in the morning and then I had a two hour nap.

25 - Sunday - I worship led at church, we got flu shots, I had another nap, and we did some yard work.

And of course we watched World Series baseball. 

26 - Monday - It was the Monday-est Monday that ever was and that's all I have to say about that. (Ugh.)

Me, cooking supper, at 4:15 in my coziest pjs.

27 - Tuesday - The LA Dodgers won the World Series and now baseball is over until next spring :( (Second sentence: Please come back baseball and don't be cancelled/postponed by Covid again.)

28 - Wednesday - It was a very busy work day and I went to bed early.

29 - Thursday - I enjoyed catching up with friends on FaceTime this evening.

And Sam and Rachel tried to teach Dave and I how to balance our body weight on our arms. They were good teachers -- we were unsuccessful students :) 

30 - Friday - I got a lot of papers off my desk at work today and Sam lost our paring knife in the pumpkin he was carving.

And we woke up to the first snow of the year on the car.
I'm not ready for this yet. 

31 - Saturday - Hallowe'en looked pretty different this year but it was still fun!

We finished the day off eating candy, drinking apple cider, and watching movies 
-- including "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"

9 comments:

  1. That is a lot of Covid testing in one month; glad they were all negative! We have more snow flurries flying around outside right now. I can't believe how early the snow is coming this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy vey on the COVID test, but glad you're negative.
    Such a great way to look back on the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog friend book club? I gotta see what this is about!!!
    Poor thing - you had a rough start to October with the yuckies & the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have to pay for each test? I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fall picture of your street is pretty. Garlic cracking day, never heard of that. Sounds interesting & perhaps a fun fall activity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy reading about everyone else's month in these posts. Thanks for sharing and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me about garlic cracking! What is it?! Also, I'm SO JEALOUS of your first snowfall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Halloween was almost nonexistent here. No trick or treating. My grands did wear costumes to day care but that was it.

    Monday-est Monday, huh? Sounds rough. I actually like Mondays now that I am retired because they are a fresh start to a new week.

    Love the decorative kale and the fall foliage. I am wanting a couple of planters of mums for fall but if I don't hurry, the season will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny to hear you say you haven't decorated for fall yet because we're almost into winter here. I was just trying to figure out how much longer I could hang onto my mums. Our city's last yard waste collection is in two weeks so I think they'll be done in time for that.

      Hallowe'en was definitely way more low key here than usual. I know very few people who actually went trick or treating the night of. Most people had very quiet celebrations.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)