Monday, November 09, 2020

25 Days Of Gratitude Photo Challenge: Week One

Welcome to my new November Fall photo challenge. This one is being hosted by Leslie at Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After. It's a 25 Days of Gratitude challenge so I've been enjoying looking for things I'm grateful for each day.

My Autumn 2020 Bucket List: Update 10.2020 

image from here

Comfort Food

It was a post-Hallowe'en, post-time change day, and I rearranged our supper meal so we could have Kraft Dinner for lunch. And Cheetos. And I was still finishing up my coffee-hot chocolate. It was the perfect comfort food meal.

Fresh Produce

We've used a lot of our produce from our last CSA pickup. I made butternut squash soup on Thursday and now I just have to deal with this last lonely pumpkin. I'm trying to decide whether to bake and stuff it or whether to steam it and freeze it. Decisions, decisions...

Home -- you by your front door

So I got Dave to take a picture of me by our front door but honestly, we never use it. I mainly use it to hang seasonal wreaths on - hahaha!!! If you come in through our front door, it means you don't know us very well. We always use our back door so I included a picture of me by the back door too.  

A favourite place to walk

Dave and I went for a walk to pick up our local eggs so I took a picture of us on the path at night. Then the next day Rachel and I were back on the path so we took a picture during the day. One thing that I don't like about working full-time is that I rarely walk on the path anymore :( And if you've read around here for any length of time, you already know how much I LOVE the path :) 

Nature

For this prompt, I decided to take a picture of our back yard. Nature is definitely having its way with it these days!!! (As of yesterday, this is actually no longer true, but on the day of this prompt, it was!)

Something in autumnal colours

This is the boulevard area between the street and the parking lot of where I work. I rarely take time to really look at it, as I'm usually exhausted after work. However, this was a gorgeous day, and I wasn't talking to Dave on the phone as I left work, so I actually looked around me and saw this beautiful space in autumnal colours.

Warm clothes

Since it was 20C (68F) which is glorious for November, I was wearing warm (weather) clothes as opposed to warm clothes. Sorry, I just couldn't force myself to put on long pants and long sleeves. I was outside for over nine hours yesterday doing yard work and other things and it was basically one of the best days I've had in a long time.

15 comments:

  1. It's been warm here too - I'm wearing shorts right now! I grew up going in my house through the back door too, how funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading & looking at your pictures for the 1st week of the Gratitude Photo Challenge. I'm participating & doing it along with Sentence A Day. I'm having fun doing this challenge, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really been enjoying this photo challenge. I like looking for things I'm grateful for. And I've LOVED doing Sentence A Day this year.

      Delete
  3. I like these prompts, I may borrow this for a post later.
    I need to make some soup too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should both borrow these prompts for a post later AND make soup -- both excellent ideas!!!

      Delete
  4. So funny about your front door!
    It was so warm here this weekend, so not normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had on shorts- still do today - I'll take these warm Novembers!
    Mac & Cheese - the BEST comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm posting for this on Instagram. However, not all my pics are from this year, so I'm not tagging those posts. Love the 60 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea to have this photo challenge about things you are grateful for! Love seeing your photos!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a really great photo challenge and a good way to focus on being grateful during a month which I don't normally love.

      Delete
  8. I broke out my flip flops with our warm weather this week (it was in the mid to upper 70's!). I have been taking photos too but am only planning to post my photos at the end. Which is a good thing since I have not been taking them in order at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been taking them in order either! And I needed more blogging ideas which is why I'm posting them a week at a time!

      Delete
  9. My house was the same way growing up - if you came to the front door, you didn't know us very well! I guess the same is sort of true for Brent and me - our close friends come in through the garage! I'm so jealous of 'the path'! I wish we had something like that. I love this post and challenge so much, can't wait to see next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is unseasonably warm here too and I'm NOT loving it; I already packed away all my shorts so I'm ready for COLD. Also, I just this week learned how to roast butternut squash. I'd been roasting it for years and it was... ok, then I followed Ina Garten's recipe and added about a tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper to one cut-up squash and WOW that makes a huge difference; it was sooooo good. I think butternut squash needs a lot of flavoring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos for the first week. Love your interpretation of warm clothes. We are breaking records here with our afternoon temps. Beautiful fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)