Monday, November 16, 2020

25 Days Of Gratitude Photo Challenge: Week Two

It's time for week two of my current photo challenge. This one is being hosted by Leslie at Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After. It's been a good practice to look for the things I'm thankful for every day.

My Autumn 2020 Bucket List: Update 10.2020

image from here

Weather


We had unexpectedly gorgeous weather this day so I hung out a huge load of laundry and did all the yard work to get the yard ready for winter. I think I was outside for eight hours total this day and it was glorious.

Favourite smell

I don't know that I would normally say this is my favourite smell ever, but fresh banana muffins were my favourite smell this day for sure!

Keepsake or memento

For this prompt, I am sharing a few photos. This is my desk in the corner of our office. I have hung some favourite things to make my little space cheery.

 

We participated in a magnet exchange on our Disney cruise this past January. I bought a metal board to hang them all. I wanted a fun way to display them and this board makes me happy every time I look at it. Some of the magnets are from our first Disney cruise a few years ago.

 

I have a picture of us with Dave's favourite baseball player ever in one corner and a little cross stitch windmill I made in high school in another corner. I think I got the windmill cross stitch materials at our city's Folk Festival when I visited the Dutch Pavilion with my best friend at the time. This windmill is also special to me because I ended up living in The Netherlands for a year after university so it represents that time in my life too.

Pet

 

Anyone who knows us well knows that we are not an animal family. We will never get a dog or a cat. About the most we are willing to commit to are fish. Meet Bluey. Bluey was Rachel's sixth birthday present. We will have had Bluey for three years as of tomorrow. Rachel picked a good fish and we like Bluey a lot. Also, I know it's weird to think that fish have a personality but Bluey is totally an extrovert and always swims to the top of his bowl to see what's going on. He LOVES action!

Best Friend

 

One thing I have HATED about Covid is that we rarely get to see friends in person anymore. I took advantage of our unusually nice weather last Monday to see if my bestie, Janice, was able to go for an afternoon walk. She said, "Yes!" and it was so good to see her again. We're trying to figure out a way to have a weekly walking time. Janice and I have been friends for nineteen years next month which still seems unbelievable to me.

Routine or habit

 

One of my favourite daily routines is waking up with a cup of coffee-hot chocolate and blogging. And often on weekday afternoons, I unwind a bit with a Coke and blogging. Caffeine and blogs just go together in my mind :)

Coziness

We put our flannel sheets and flannel duvet cover on our bed this past weekend and now it is the ultimate in coziness. I LOVE crawling into bed with my comfort bag (heat bag/magic bag?) on my feet.

11 comments:

  1. These are great. I love the magnet board and your friend! I just realized our bffs have been our friends 20 years now, since we graduated college 20 years ago, whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that little shelf you have by your desk, are they old mail slots?
    I love having our duvet on the bed too, so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at Target when it was closing in Canada. I think it's meant to imply that they're old mail slots but it's really just a Target find!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading your 2nd week of gratitude. This challenge has certainly got me to thinking how I'm grateful & thankful for day to day routines & activities, a lot the same as yours. Flannel sheets=coziness for me too. I keep ours on year round, Seriously! 3 years for the fish, Wow! I can smell your muffins...MMMMMMMmmmmmm! I like that smell too. I'll be looking for your week 3 post. I'm still chugging away mixing my gratitude photos with my sentence a day post, stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine having our flannel sheets on in the middle of summer -- it gets so hot here and I'm trying to do everything to cool down then. I'm looking forward to reading your sentence a day post and this gratitude challenge post.

      Delete
  4. I love the smell of fresh muffins!! I love a good cozy bed each evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It cracks me up how much you love line-dried clothes because I hate it - everything feels too stiff to me. I know it's way better for you and the environment, but I'll pick the dryer every time. And yay for walking dates with best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I know a certain activity happening on Wednesday that would definitely fall under the 'hobby' category. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flannel sheets... aaahhhh - I LOVE flannel sheets but the hubs HATES them so we never used them. Though, now that I have hot flashes, they'd probably kill me :)
    Bluey!!! how sweet. We are totally animal families... If you have less than 3 pets in your home, we feel like something's off - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah for outdoor friend time- so good for the soul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caffeine and blogging- lol! For me it’s “caffeine and tear apart the whole house to rearrange it.” Love the flannel bed! We have these super soft bamboo sheets; too warm for summer so only used in the winter. I love crawling into bed when the room is cold but the sheets are soft and warm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)