Thursday, November 12, 2020

10 On The 10th: November 2020

 This past Tuesday was the 10th day of the month so here are 10 pictures of my 10th!

I start every morning by waking up a little bit and blogging -- either writing a post or reading other people's posts - so seeing this message did not make me happy :(

There is nothing like that first cup of coffee-hot chocolate in the morning. Ahhhh.

The sunrise was incredible so I tried to capture it. 
What a gorgeous way to start the morning.
 
In our city, we can put anything we don't want on the curb and usually, someone who can use it will pick it up. This week we've gotten rid of two kid lawn chairs, an old lawn mower, a small plastic picnic table, and one of these two bikes. Usually the stuff is gone within eight hours. It's pretty amazing but you do need to be careful that you don't leave something on the curb you aren't done with! 
 
One of the disadvantages of working in an office building these days is that microwaves are off limits. I've been living on cold lunches for months and I'm kind of tired of them. If you have brilliant (vegetarian) cold lunch ideas let me know -- I mostly eat cheese sandwiches which is very exciting - ha!
 
It was a gorgeous afternoon so I planted some hope! Also known as mini tulips which might bloom in time for a "10 on the 10th" in April or May.

I folded three loads of laundry (and drank a Coke) while I talked to Dave who was weeding the driveway. I will really appreciate his work in the winter when I'm shoveling snow and don't get reverberations up my arms as the shovel is suddenly stopped by a clump of weeds.

We don't always eat tacos on Tuesday but we did this week.
 
Rachel and I spent the evening baking muffins for a treat for some youth at church! 
 
I got one of the baskets of laundry put away so I had to celebrate having one empty laundry basket. There is always laundry on the go here -- I've been having a hard time staying on top of it this fall. 

So that was my very exciting 10th! Next month on the 10th we'll be celebrating the first night of Channukah!!!

12 comments:

  1. The kids are reminding me that Hanukkah is in a month! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!!! Computers KNOW the most inopportune times to restart. I'm convinced of it. That is one gorgeous sunrise, though! And I'm sorry you're stuck on cold lunches! I had not thought about microwave use being restricted! Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a hot lunch so I feel for you that you can't use the microwave. I like a bagel with cream cheese and sliced tomato and cucumber. You can also try pasta salad.
    You could get a thermos too! Then you can take leftovers. My son likes oatmeal in his thermos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I should try the bagel sandwich. That sounds like a lovely break! And I've thought about getting a thermos and I will likely break down and get a really good one if I have to do this all year. At first it was just five weeks but at this point it will be four months or longer...

      Delete
  4. That sky is so pretty! Yay for an empty laundry basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the biggest struggle with vegetarian lunches for work too.
    I need to remember to add hot chocolate to my coffee. YUMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never once thought about shoveling snow and hitting weeds ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mornings start about like your mornings. I'm out walking the dog as the sun starts rising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want a dog but I would love having a built in reason to get out walking every day. Maybe I could get a fake dog?!?!?

      Delete
  8. Huh I never thought of the microwave being off limits. I guess it’s a shared space? I honestly love most food cold (pastas, stews, etc) which makes me very weird but also adaptable to a life without a microwave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son has to pack cold lunches and doesn't like meat either so he tends to pack things like hummus and pita chips or nutella and jelly sandwiches, cereal with milk (packed separately), etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken hummus and rice crackers a few times. It is a very nice break from the sandwiches.

      Delete

Thank you for being interested in my life as I blog it and for leaving a comment. Comments make me happier than reading a good book and drinking a cold Coke. Almost :)